Pacific Capital Resource Group Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Capital Resource Group Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I only went through two stages- a phone call with the recruiting manager and then a one-on-one with the VP office I had applied for (through a college website). Both went very well, but I waited much past my appointment to meet. After having been promised a second interview and following-up by email, no responses were ever sent back. I was warned of this disorganization from a colleague.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Capital Resource Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Five step interview process. A little intimidating but straight forward. Second Interview is almost entirely informational. Third step involves creating a 200 person referral list for your own use. Fourth gives you an opportunity to bring in a significant other/family member. Fifth allows you to meet the president and other executives. Interviews go for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How you would you go about getting clients?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very long. No technical questions. They examine your personality traits to see if it fits the type of business. They ask your friends and family about what you are like. They examine if you have a market that can present opportunity for business.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Bellevue, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

5 step interview process. First two interviews are to get to know one another and see if this is something the interviewee really wants to do. The third is to present a project. The fourth is the bring in any family or close friends that would support you throughout your career. The last is a VIP where you accept the offer and take a tour of the office and meet member of your future team.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Lake Oswego, OR).

Interview

Pacific Capital has a 6-7 step hiring process, which is intense but worth it. The reason they have so many steps is because they want to make sure they get to know who you are just as much as you get to know who they are. After that was explained to me in the first interview it really showed me that they care about every single person they hire. They are very upfront with you and they care about your success just as much as the firm’s success.

I met a recruiter at a job fair and had a quick in person meeting and then a phone interview with her. Next I met with the VP for the rest of the process. Towards the end of the process they had me sit and talk with other employees to get a different perspective and ask questions. When you walk into the office you can feel that it’s a fun and relaxed environment where everyone works hard. Everyone is very engaging and has no problem offering help when you need it. There are great incentives and social events, which really lets you get to know your coworkers. It’s a great place to work at.

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you want to get into this industry?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group.

Interview

5-6 step interview process, they want to make sure that they are hiring someone who is invested in making this a career. Reason being, they won't just throw you at the wall like many other advising firms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very formal. I met with the Vice President, Zach, of the Seattle branch. He had a corner office and I believe the interview was held there to portray a luxurious lifestyle of an advisor....he wants the interviewee to believe that if they accept the job, they will also have a great office in Seattle. He was not so much interested in my work ethic and my intentions, but more so just interested in if I could bring in clients for the firm. He wanted me to reach out to my family and friends and wealthy people I know for clients. The drop out rate in this industry of financial advising is so high, the company's intentions seem to be to gain clients of young and professionally inexperienced individuals so that when they drop out, the company can keep their clients. If you're looking to be a financial advisor, I would start out at a more established and respected company, like Morgan Stanley. This place is a scam.

Interview Questions

• Who would you go to for business if I asked you to bring back three clients by Monday? (interview was held Thursday)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Eugene, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a young lady who was very kind and helpful. It was the first interview in the whole interview process and she wanted to get to know me. I actually had the feeling that she is interested, which is not always the case with other HR people.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Capital Resource Group (Lake Oswego, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

There is a six step interview process, which is used to not only see whether a person is the right fit for Pacific Capital, but also to see whether the person wants to work in the financial services industry. The interview process goes into depth on how Pacific Capital operates, what Pacific Capital expects from their employees, and also, the pros and cons of working in the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

4 weeks process, where the recruiter interviews on 2 occasions. if you are a good fit then you meet with the directors. You have to pass the series 65 and series 7 to even begin the 3 month internship process. After the internship, they offer you a job,

Interview Questions

• How can you bring in clients or build book of business?   Answer Question