Pacific College of Oriental Medicine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

I came in to meet with the Campus Director, we talked about the position, my experience and availability. I was successful by showing my interest in the school and asking different questions. It was comfortable and relaxed, I showed up early which was much appreciated. I also had a second interview with others members of staff to see how I would fit in, basically just asked the same questions to get a feel for who I was.

Interview Questions

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

A recruiter (headhunter) contacted me online to see if I was interested. They were looking for someone with my specific experience and who could grow into a leadership position in the future. Had initial phone call, skype call, and more phone calls explaining the process to me. Recruiter informed me they normally start ppl out around $45K and bump $5K after 6 months. Had in-person interview with campus director and head of admissions and another admissions representative. Then came back for another meeting with the campus director. Received phone call offering me the job and confirming that I would want a salary above my current. They got back to me with the salary and I accepted. None of the information I requested before making my decision was provided. No contract or offer letter was provided despite my request for such. Recruiter was in constant phone contact to check on my status in the process and inform me of things he had heard from the company side. Regretfully, I gave notice at my current job with only a verbal promise of a job at PCOM.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to read a phone script while the head of admissions pretended to be a prospective student.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested a salary above my current job and they came back with $1K more annually. I requested detailed information on benefits before accepting and was promised it would be forwarded. After two more requests I received a price list of their health plan packages and nothing else. I asked for a contract or offer letter, something in writing, but they do not have such. I asked for an email outlining my title, who I would report to, and key responsibilities which they did provide, and I accepted.