Pacific Dental Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Dental Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2018

2.5

Dentist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

good interview. they want to get to know you as a person. asked me general questions such as where are you from, what are your goals - long term and short term.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

I sat down with the manager first, met two assistants, both doctors, and they were so welcoming and friendly. I never felt more comfortable about an interview. By the end of the interview, I was hired!

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Long delays between interviews, poor communication. I had two phone interviews and an in person interview. I had to call after a week because I hadn’t heard anything. Then they set me up to take some online assessments and get 5 people to give me online references. I then had to email the recruiter, she set me up with another in person interview with a different person. The second interviewer seemed annoyed that she had to interview me. She asked me a few questions and ended the interview. I again sent another email to the recruiter. A day later I got a form email stating that they hired someone else for the position. Couldn’t even give me the courtesy to call me or send me a personal email. I took off of work for both interviews and had to bug my references to fill out their forms and they couldn’t reach out to me personally. How extraordinarily unprofessional, I feel I may have dogged a bullet.

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rialto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Rialto, CA).

Interview

It has been so long ago that I had my interview, I remember filling out the application and received and call from the office manager to come in for an interview. Upon getting to the interview, I was hired on the spot and was given paperwork to take with me to orientation.

Interview Questions

• How soon would I like to start?   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

The company name is North Powers Modern Dentistry and Orthodontics it falls under the pacific dental group

Unprofessional group interview. If you are black and attractive they will not hire you! They only want white women working there. Doesn't matter if they are unqualified and not dressed properly for an interview! It was a waste of my time. Please people of color stay clear of this racist place!

Interview Questions

• When was the last you above and beyond to help out a customer.   Answer Question

Pacific Dental Services Response

Oct 26, 2017 – HR

Thank you for writing a review regarding your interview experience. Our office mission is "To be a family with passion to serve." We believe this is inclusive of serving our community, team... More

Dental Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online, and got a call about a week later to interview at one of their locations in Las Vegas. I first interviewed with the doctor and lead assistant for about 15 minutes, and an additional 10 minutes with the manager. Overall, it was a very relaxed interview. they asked very basic questions and I got the impression they wanted to know a little bit more about who you are as a person and how you would fit in, rather than experience and qualifications, which I didn’t mind. I left the interview feeling confident, and they manager said she would give me a call with whatever the outcome was. It’s been a little over a week and I have not heard anything from them. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Irvine, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen by PDS recruiter, which went well. Next interview was with hiring manager, after my PDS recruiter gave me a walking tour of the amazing facility. It's open plan, but I am used to that. Emailed both the hiring manager and the PDS recruiter after the in person interview, thanking them both for their time. Was told by hiring mgr that the next step for those who get called back is w/marketing vp. Did not hear back from either the PDS recruiter or hiring manager. Sent one last email to hiring manager, whom I genuinely enjoyed meeting. This absolute lack of communication was apalling - I'll chalk it up to being glad that I did not move further in the process as this tells me this is not a good company that values employee or applicants time.

Interview Questions

Pacific Dental Services Response

Dec 27, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize if there was any lack of communication as this is not typical of the recruitment process and not representative of our organization. We... More

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the office manager and then followed up with the dentist and office manager. The questions were pretty straightforward. Overall very easy interview. I'm sure this varies from office to office.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process went through six stages...

1. Interview with HR.

2. Second interview with HR.

3. One-way interview. The software they use is problematic if you try to use your PC. Download the app and use it on your phone.

4. Skills Assessment. Come prepared as this test will take some time and is designed to throw you off, so pay close attention to the questions and stick with it. There were considerable technical issues here: The test kicked me out three times where I had to sign back in.

5. Interview with upper management. This is where the "negative" part of the interview process occurred.

I was told I needed to fly out for an in-person interview and a four-hour shadow day at my own expense. So because of the cost of the flight on short notice, along with the cost of food, lodging, etc, this quickly became a very expensive interview for me, and everyone I interviewed with was aware of this.

When I arrived the person I was shadowing explained she wasn't sure why they planned for four hours as it normally only takes an hour or so. Then, when I reached the interview it wasn't in-person. It was a Skype interview with upper management which took place from her house, and she was in jeans and a T-shirt. Long story short, I flew a great distance for a required in-person interview and shadow day that ended up being half the shadow day I expected and a Skype interview that could have been done from home. It truly made me feel like this was just a throw-away for her after I had gone through a lot of effort and expense to show how excited I was to work with their company.

6. Final interview with HR.

Overall, the process is designed to heavily screen candidates and test their abilities, which it does. By the end of the process you'll have a much better idea of whether or not you want to work for the company which is very crucial for any candidate to know. Even without being offered the position, I would have given this process a very favorable review had it not been for the shadow day and interview with upper management.

Interview Questions

• What self-help books have you read?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (East Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email to come in for a group interview at 8 am Friday morning. Only the recruiter was there and he informed me no one felt the interview was important enough to attend. It was eye opening, to say the least about the employees there and their view on certain positions.

Interview Questions

• None because only the recruiter was there and I met his check off list to get the interview.   1 Answer