Pacific Dental Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Dental Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the office manager and then followed up with the dentist and office manager. The questions were pretty straightforward. Overall very easy interview. I'm sure this varies from office to office.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process went through six stages...

1. Interview with HR.

2. Second interview with HR.

3. One-way interview. The software they use is problematic if you try to use your PC. Download the app and use it on your phone.

4. Skills Assessment. Come prepared as this test will take some time and is designed to throw you off, so pay close attention to the questions and stick with it. There were considerable technical issues here: The test kicked me out three times where I had to sign back in.

5. Interview with upper management. This is where the "negative" part of the interview process occurred.

I was told I needed to fly out for an in-person interview and a four-hour shadow day at my own expense. So because of the cost of the flight on short notice, along with the cost of food, lodging, etc, this quickly became a very expensive interview for me, and everyone I interviewed with was aware of this.

When I arrived the person I was shadowing explained she wasn't sure why they planned for four hours as it normally only takes an hour or so. Then, when I reached the interview it wasn't in-person. It was a Skype interview with upper management which took place from her house, and she was in jeans and a T-shirt. Long story short, I flew a great distance for a required in-person interview and shadow day that ended up being half the shadow day I expected and a Skype interview that could have been done from home. It truly made me feel like this was just a throw-away for her after I had gone through a lot of effort and expense to show how excited I was to work with their company.

6. Final interview with HR.

Overall, the process is designed to heavily screen candidates and test their abilities, which it does. By the end of the process you'll have a much better idea of whether or not you want to work for the company which is very crucial for any candidate to know. Even without being offered the position, I would have given this process a very favorable review had it not been for the shadow day and interview with upper management.

Interview Questions

• What self-help books have you read?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (East Las Vegas, NV) in June 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email to come in for a group interview at 8 am Friday morning. Only the recruiter was there and he informed me no one felt the interview was important enough to attend. It was eye opening, to say the least about the employees there and their view on certain positions.

Interview Questions

• None because only the recruiter was there and I met his check off list to get the interview.   1 Answer

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

I interviewed with the regional manager and the interview was held at one of the dental practices. The interview was pretty standard. I was told I would hear back within about a week. The recruiter contacted me after the interview to get me to provide more information about my background. I went through the time consuming background check and gave them the information they requested. After a week I never heard anything so I emailed the recruiter. I never heard back from her or anyone from the company. It was frustrating to put so much time and effort into the interview process and not hear a single thing back.

Benefits Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online. An employee referred me to the position as well. Website that pulls background from your resume is a little funky so be careful to read everything over before submitting.

Interview Questions

• They filled the position a week after application was in review and forgot to notify applicants.   1 Answer

Associate Dentist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. Phone interview with recruiter, second one with regional manager, and the third interview is in person with the regional manager and owner dentist. Very straight forward interview process. Probably took about two weeks.

Dentist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screening leads to office visit/interview with regional manager and head doctor. Recruiter is extremely slow and inefficient.
    Some doctors let you shadow and some just interview you in a room

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

Thought that I had no chance to get the job because I have no dental experience, but they really look for candidates that have retail or customer service background. They ask you the normal questions like, "What are your strengths?" and "Where do you see yourself in five years?"

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people- two office managers and a regional director. All were very nice but looking back I could tell they probably interviewed people all day because of high turn over rate.

Associate Dentist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Glendale, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

First, I was screened via phone with the recruiter. Then, the owner doc and regional manager took me out to lunch. Then we went to the practice where I thad mock patient interactions.