Pacific Dental Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Dental Services Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2018

2.6

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

First with recruiter , then with the regional manger and then with the owner dentists.
    Overall good experience. Lot of why dentistry , what motivates you kind of questions .

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Phone screen, 2 Onsites, Offer. Onsite is with the region manager then you have an onsite with the regional trainer - who didnt even have my name right, had the wrong resume, and basically knew nothing about when I came in. Worked to my advantage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a book that has influenced your life that you have read recently.   Answer Question

Business Relations and Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

Recruiter was unprofessional & assumed that I accepted the job before I had given any verbal/written acceptance. Gave me a hard time over email saying that she had already declined all of her candidates, paid for a background check, etc. Ended up declining the position mostly bc of the bad taste she left in my mouth, but also the compensation "commensurate on experience". Another recruiter asked me over the phone if i would reconsider if pay was re-discussed, I said yes, and she said she would call me back in a few days. Didn't receive a call so I contacted her again after about a week. Original recruiter emailed me back saying she was "confused" as to why I was contacting the recruiting team again after declining the position. ????? Maybe because your partner asked me if I would reconsider and said she would be calling me back with updates? Overall just bad vibes from the recruiting team at PDS. Bummer bc I was genuinely excited to work at the company.

Interview Questions

Interview

My resume was selected through the university, after which I was on a phone interview, Then an in-person interview. The process was quite standard and was within 2 weeks I got an offer.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Henderson, NV) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position and a day or two later I had a phone interview and a data entry test from home. Once I passed those, I was scheduled for an in-person interview.

I arrived promptly to my interview on the scheduled date, and waited at the reception area for well over half an hour because the interviewers were running late. Finally, they came out and walked me back to a conference room where the interview was held.

One of the managers was extremely rude and condescending. When I pulled out my resume, something I am frequently complimented on, he began to criticize it. He asked very generic questions about my experience and career goals, and I provided very truthful and professional answers, to which he told me that my answers were generic and "didn't give him any reason to want to hire me." I also kept feeling like they were trying to make me say things that weren't true about myself- for instance, I felt like they were wording their questions and comments in a way to try to get me to say I was a certain type of person or had certain professional goals that I don't have, and when I wouldn't, they'd criticize me. It was a very unpleasant experience, and I would not have accepted the offer if it had been made based solely on the lack of professionalism that was displayed.

Business Relations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services.

Interview

Unpleasant experience with a hiring manager that claims she didn't know anything about the job posting but they simply assigned her to complete the phone screen interview, yet told me upfront that she didn't think I would be a good fit because of the competitive talent pool. I'm sorry, but you should ENCOURAGE students that are interested in the intern position and working hard to reach out for the role, not put them down immediately.

Then, I was asked a salary question, and I said that as a student without prior industry experience, I was open to any salary, and the HR lady annoyingly remarked "just give me a number." Then, I told her that I was only available for 2-3 days per week at specific times due to a busy school schedule, and she says "Are there any times that aren't overly specific that our manager can actually attend". I'm sorry, but as a student I still have school obligations to take care of-- that is no way to address anyone, regardless of what you might think.

I found it unprofessional and disrespectful-- AVOID at all costs.

Interview Questions

Pacific Dental Services Response

Apr 26, 2018

The Summer Intern Program Management Team appreciates that you took the time to leave a review regarding your interview experience. It is unfortunate that your perception of the exchange that... More

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Got a call from HR/recruiter pretty quickly (dont recall when initially applied) interviewed with one regional manager then a week later with another. Got offered postion within a week.

Pediatric Summer 2018 Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone call detailing position for the upcoming interview with the interviewer. Then 1-hour long interview with the interviewer who is also lead for the program. Great overall process and most attentive hiring managers I've experienced in an interview. Highly recommend as they actually care about your culture fit and ability as a person, instead of just a name on a resume.

Learning and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Irvine, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I waited for a short time to be connected to the interviewers. They greeted and welcomed me. They asked me questions regarding who am I, my work experiences and how I got to know their company. The conversation grew from there. They also asked me about strengths and weaknesses and what I expect from an employer. I then spoke to the last person who is an instructional designer and she asked me about my experiences with ID. Interview lasted 1 1/2 hours.

Dentist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Dental Services (Dallas, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Overall it was a good experience . All my questions were answered . They are looking for more experienced dentist and you have to give your best to gain their trust. The salary ,days/ hours of work was vaguely answered . Would have liked a clear answer.

Interview Questions

• Procedures done with numbers   1 Answer