Pacific Gas and Electric Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Gas and Electric Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very Professional and Structured. Many questions of past history and behavioral based situations. Need to know process development and MOC, MOPC process. Overall, it was an easy and relaxing interview porcess

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were in charge of a project and faced challenges. How did you overcome and complete the project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their portal page
    Received an email within the week to complete the standard phone screen
    Didn't receive an email for a couple of weeks.
    Recruiter contacted me after constant emails to congratulate me on an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take on a leadership role
      What are your strengths and weaknesses
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Stockton, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a recorded online interview and an in person interview. The recorded interview asks question and you have to record your response. The in-person interview is more behavioural and in more detail.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process is conducted via phone. But it went into very detailed questions such as personal skill sets, school activities and past experiences. The interview was very genuine in terms of matching the right person to the right position. It was overall very relaxed and smooth. It lasts about 30 minutes. Followups came within one week. The entire process lasted for two weeks.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

The first interview was a recorded video interview. You were given a short amount of time to practice and then answered a questions a camera with no interviewer present. The next was a phone interview for 2 different and entirely unrelated positions. After the phone interview, I got an offer for the position I had verbalized a preference for during the conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience handling difficult customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer letter was sent and I was given 10 days to accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager then F2F. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of learning more about the project underway and your qualifications for the position. F2F lasted about an hour and was administered by two managers; hiring manager and one of the project managers. Same format as the phone interview but more granular in nature.

Interview Questions

• Questions were tailored to resume and how each of your skill sets related to the job for which you were interviewing. A number of 'what if' scenarios with no surprises. The typical 'How would you handle a difficult internal customer', 'How would you handle conflicting deliverables'. Asked to provide specifics of handling a difficult situation and speak to achievements.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was very informal and did not include many details. I've been in this title at other companies and therefore wasn't too concerned when we had a brief discussion that was considered to be "The interview" was near the end of the day and the participants seemed somewhat confused as to the start time of the interview, I waited outside one of the offices until they were ready. Which was fine with me. There really wasn't any difficult questions asked during the interview process. I don't think that they were well prepared for an interview or perhaps did not know how to interview a candidate for this job title.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any difficult questions asked during the interview process. I don't think that they were well prepared for an interview or perhaps did not know how to interview a candidate for this job title. I believe that there were other candidates that had interviewed prior to my interview and some of the interviews had to be rescheduled due to the managers who did not show up for the interviews.
      The only question relative to my skill set was when they asked me about my excel skills.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

The compensation was adequate for the work to be performed.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First you submit your application online. You will then receive a phone call from a recruiter to set up a face to face interview. The in-person interview is typically a panel interview. After the panel interview, the hiring manager may contact you over the phone to conduct a second interview.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions are behavioral based questions pertinent to the specific job. Example: Tell me a time when you had to improve the performance of a team. What were the problems and how did you deal with them? Or, Tell me a time when you had too many things to do. How did you prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

I had a phone call for 30 mins and then followed up with an in-person interview which was for 45 mins with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you think there is a need of PM for any project? Did you always have one? Are you able to hadnle the project without PM? If yes how what were you'r responsibilities?   Answer Question
    • Do you have conflict within the team? How did you resolve?   Answer Question
    • Did you ever need to reject the requirments from the Business? how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in September 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview was for 1/2 hour and mainly included on discussion about the business process and my approach for it. I am still waiting for the reply.

Interview Questions

• What was customer's feedback on the process implementation ?   Answer Question