Pacific Gas and Electric Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Gas and Electric Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was done. 2 questions were asked. How have you made your current job a safe place to work? How have you delt with an irrate customer? Very comfortable, non stressful.

Interview Questions

• Safety issues, and lots of examples of customer service.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

I received a phone interview, they tell you about position and the expectations, following by 3 questions, mainly about providing customer service. Always maintain a positive attitude toward customers

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most about customer service?   Answer Question
    • What do you dislike about customer service?   1 Answer
    • 3 important words which describe good customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

So the whole process was amazing and very exciting in my opinion I have wanted to be a part of the pg&e family for a long time and finally I am getting my chance. I applied to a job alert I was signed up for back in July( I had already passed their multiple tests they have you take before you are considered) I received an email in September to schedule an over the phone interview for the following week. The over the phone interview went great just general info over previous employment and a couple call center experience questions, the interviewer extended an offer to come in for an in person interview I received the confirmation email at the end of the month which scheduled the actual interview at the beginning of October. I live an hour away from the job so I left pretty early to get there on time, I waited about an hour and went into the interview they had me sit in the lobby with a couple other candidates, we all were speaking to each other and asking questions as if we had known each other for awhile and current employees were sauntering throughout the building and we were also speaking to them and laughing the whole environment was cal and down to earth I was then greeted by a supervisor who took me to a back room past the call center floor where we went into a room with another supervisor. They then took turns asking about a total of 8 behavioral interview questions I was really anxious but kept my composure and was laughing and smiling with the interviewers. i was told that they were hiring 22 people so that made me really excited and at the very end I made them aware how badly I wanted the job and that I would be a great employee. I was told I would hear back within a week and I received the phone call today stating they wanted to bring me on!!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a co-worker who was being unsafe or not following procedure how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None pay is a huge step up for me.

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

Sign up to take test at Hiring Hall. If you pass your name will go on a list for available jobs. You wait for a phone call (that can happen at anytime after passing testing requirements and background/drug test.

Interview Questions

• None. No questions when going through the hiring hall just passing the test.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $31.86 (included in lieu of benefits).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was a 2 person panel interview, with each one taking turns in asking questions. Questions weren't all pertaining to job. Was asked to answer in star format. Which was limiting on how u could answer the questions. They asked about attendance, why should I be considered or feel I am a fit for the company. They asked to explain a time when I had to deal with a irrate customer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in April 2011.

Interview

The first step was an initial recruiter that came to our campus to interview you. This initial recruiter would ask you questions about teamwork, projects, and other behavioral questions. The next step was an onsite interview. This interview consisted of two people asking me questions. These questions involved previous projects and what worked and didn't work and how you solved the parts that didn't work. They asked me to use the STAR(Situation, Task, Action, Result) method in answering the questions.

Interview Questions

• Name one previous experience where you failed to reach your personal standards and what you did to reach them.   Answer Question