Pacific Gas and Electric Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an email for an online video recording interview. On the online site, you will be presented a pre-recorded question and you record yourself answering those questions right after. It was about 5 or so behavioral questions that you get about a minute to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you went above and beyond your responsibilities.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Applied, not even an hour later I received an automatic, form 'rejection' email. However, despite this, I got another email a few days later requesting an interview via a general online pre-recorded webcam session. I went ahead and interviewed with the computer.

I eventually got rejected--but got no notice of my rejection. I found out because of my status on the application website.

Disappointed by the lack of personal communication on all fronts--from the first form rejection letter, the prerecorded, not-personal online interview, and then the lack of a notification letter at all.

Bad experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply online. About 4 weeks later, got an email about interview. it was pre-recorded video interview. I was confused because I haven't heard about this type of interview. I've got 5 questions and each question consist of 1 minute preparing and 3 minute answering. You need to finish within the deadline.

Interview Questions

• Why do you interested in this position. Mostly behavioral questions   Answer Question

Application

Interview

So the whole process was amazing and very exciting in my opinion I have wanted to be a part of the pg&e family for a long time and finally I am getting my chance. I had already passed their multiple tests they have you take before you are considered. I finally got a interview. Thank goodness. It takes a few weeks to get a response back, you have to be patient during the process. Great Experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you interested in this position.

Define my weakness and how I have used it effectively   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I was asked to complete one online interview following my online application. It consisted of pre recorded video-question prompts and would give me 1 minute to prepare my answer and then it would begin recording my video answers. Questions about myself as well as the field.

Interview Questions

• What was one time in which you convinced a group of people that a policy/practice change was necessary?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

I had a recorded online interview followed by an over the phone interview. The whole process took about 4 weeks. I got a call back within two weeks and then an offer within a week after the second interview.

Interview Questions

• I had a recorded interview over my computer. A prerecorded question was asked and I had 1 minute to prepare and 2 minutes to answer. The questions were on the order of "Why do you want to work at PG&E?", "Tell me about a time that you overcame a challenge", and "Give an example of how you made a project better".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I guess for the internship process they do not require candidates to come on site. After sending in my resume online, I got a call from HR the next day. Took about 4 days until I got my phone interview (this included the weekend). Phone interview was with 2 people from the department, asking me about my background, experience in project management, and where my interests lie in regard to their key goals.

Overall I had a good experience in speaking with the hiring managers, but I had to call HR the day after I was supposed to be called because they forgot about me when I was expected to speak with them the day before! So make sure to contact HR that you were promised a phone interview ASAP if you don't hear from the company the day you were scheduled to speak with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your leadership skills and experience with project management.   Answer Question
    • What types of tools have you used when it comes to solving problems/providing recommendations?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Talked to HR at college career fair and was interviewed initially by HR. I had a great experience! A few weeks later was contacted to interview for two separate jobs. One was conducted over webcam and the other was by phone. I was then was given an offer for a job with in that week and excepted!

Interview Questions

• They used the STAR method where you must provide examples of your experience in certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, there are set salaries for interns based on their experience and level in college.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Telephone interview, applied through jobs.net.

Interview Questions

• Just general technical questions in regards to the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation