Pacific Gas and Electric Entry Level Rotational Program - Gas Operations Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Rotational Program - Gas Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The actual interview wasn't all that bad. It was a web-cam interview with two engineers from the San Francisco facility. Typical behavioral questions, asked about past experiences, etc. They require the STAR method for answering questions. I was told that I would hear back within 3 weeks either with a Yes or No. 3 weeks rolled around and no response, so I called my contact. His message said he was out of office and gave a number for a contact while he was away. I left them both messages. 5 weeks rolls around and still no response so I call them both again and leave messages. I get a call a week later and am told that my contact had left the company within the past month and that I had gotten lost in translation and all the positions had been filled. The person who contacted me told me to send her my resume via email and she would see if there were any positions open. I do this and don't hear back for over 2 weeks so I send another email. Still haven't heard back and it has been 3 months. Morale of the story, terrible communication and obviously don't care about applicants.

Interview Questions

• I had never used the STAR method before so it was weird getting used to answering questions in such a structured manner.   Answer Question