Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Digital interview. 30 seconds to look at question, 2 min max answering time. About 6 questions. Overall a fast and efficient process. There is a redo button, but best not to use that feature a lot since the employer can probably see how many times you redo.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at PG&E, something about enforcing safety in your life, how did you make a project better   Answer Question

Management Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen initially and then two individual interviews with managers held back to back. This was followed by a panel interview of 3 managers. Mostly generic questions were asked and some examples were asked.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at a career fair. It was a good interview, had a lot of potential. Unfortunately they did not contact me AT ALL afterwards.
    Behavioral questions, asked about class projects

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to lead a group and had problems with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (North Sacramento, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

it was a two person panel and it was a way from them to see how you would react in a safety situation and how would you handle difficult customers

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that is upset about their bill?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

I applied at a job fair on my college campus. I received an interview spot and had a behavioral interview with two recruiters. They asked mostly typical interview questions about yourself and your resume. Ir was roughly half an hour. The next step would have been another behavioral interview with a higher up.

Interview Questions

• What is one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Routine Field Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was in front of a panel of 3. All asked questions, took notes. It was very intimating. They asked various and lengthy questions and given scenarios to handle. Questioned programs used, and products you produced.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation where you had to provide customer service to a frustrated person. Include how you handled the situation and the outcome   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

standard scripted interview questions- behavior questions. Why PG&E? How do you handle conflicts at work with upper management or colleagues? What do you see yourself in 5 years? Entire process from applying to getting offered took 2 months (phone interview, 2 in person interviews).

IT Architect Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

was first contacted for a phone interview , then invited for an in person interview where i was given a tour of the facility and described the day to day process and projects being worked on by the team.

Regulatory Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

The interview process was very organized because it was centrally managed by a recruiter who was easy to reach and helpful. I had applied for another role simultaneously and she communicated with both teams to time the interviews appropriately and find the best fit for me. The interview with the hiring manager was very basic and straightforward. We primarily discussed my relevant prior roles.

Electrical Machinists Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pioneer, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Pioneer, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A lot of questions. Need to be proficient with electrical and mechanical maintenance. Need experience wiring and construction of electrical devices. Need experience machining, welding and driving in severe weather.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been machining.   1 Answer
    • If you were to be offered this job, how could benefit our team?   1 Answer