Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Insulator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

it was short and sweet, easy, they didn't ask much, just wanted to make sure I wasn't brain dead. I knew somepne in the com[anuy so I virually had the kjob allready

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was done. 2 questions were asked. How have you made your current job a safe place to work? How have you delt with an irrate customer? Very comfortable, non stressful.

Interview Questions

• Safety issues, and lots of examples of customer service.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Stockton, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a recorded online interview and an in person interview. The recorded interview asks question and you have to record your response. The in-person interview is more behavioural and in more detail.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Walnut Creek, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Phase 1: Recruiter interview; Phase 2: Online interview; Phase 3: Panel interview - HR Team Leaders would ask questions concerning your background, how various situations were handled, and how I would handle future situations

Senior Cost Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Hiring was through a Minority based company. All Cost Engineers are contractors. This is done so they can recover their cost from the Government agency for amount spent which is over billed by EPC contractors.

Interview Questions

• Cost and Schedule based questions on P6 and Earned value   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a recommendation within the company so I was able to get an interview quite easily. Since I was from out of town, it was a skype interview and went very smoothly, with behavioral questions mainly about teamwork and experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a challenge and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Mapping Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Streamlined and easy. Apply, then wait for email to do test, then interview! The people who interviewed me were intelligent and down to earth, and I was very comfortable discussing my background to them. They seemed to agree because I was offered a position. If you're offered a job however, it comes with a full background and previous employment verification by an outside company. You must also do a drug screen within 72 business hours from the offer. I passed everything but the drug screen (THC). It's not an outside lineman job, so HR advised me that I could be reconsidered again, if and only if, I submit certification of having completed minimum 30-day "substance abuse" treatment. Lol, please. This just doesn't fly for someone with actual medical conditions for which cannabis is used as an ideal treatment, as opposed to Big Pharma. It's a freaking mapping job ffs, and I've digitized PG&Es maps before (a nearly year long project). Why don't they go after the pill poppers, tweakers, and drunks instead? When will society learn to steer away from blanket rules?
    Revise your drug policies for office folks, PG&E!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a task with little to no direction.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric in April 2015.

Interview

This is not an appropriate question because I came through an agency. Since there is a thirty word minimum I do not know what else to say here. I feel like I am being dragged through extra work by your company just to see a salary for a job.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers who would be my mangers during the internship. They asked behavioral questions and about background knowledge about the project I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you had a conflict with a coworker or classmate.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is over 200 applicants apply and an HR rep picks a top 50-100 to give to the hiring manager, then they pick about 10-20 to interview. They will call for an interview that usually they allot 30-60 minutes for back to back.