Pacific Gas and Electric Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

3.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Oakland, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I am a current employee. The job posting was seemingly written specifically for the person that he intended to hire and excluded others. The qualifications required by the job posting is divergent from what the rest of the industry expects for this level in my industry.

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific Gas and Electric

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The company uses an online tool so that critical information is extracted from resumes but that extraneous details are omitted so as not to bias the initial selection process. The first hurdle is getting through the initial human resources review designed to ascertain whether candidates meet the minimum requirements of a position. Internal candidates receive preference, which is a benefit for being employed there. Hiring managers are given wide latitude in the hiring process, so there is not standard about who needs to be involved in the final hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your ideal job, and why?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric.

Interview

Applied on-line.
    Received a message on my phone from the HR Recruiter asking to set up an interview the following week. I called her back later that day, had to leave a message. Three days later I still had not received a call back, so I called her again. No answer so I left another message.
    The recruiter never called back. Horrible first impression of this company! If they can treat applicants so horribly I shudder to think how they treat their employees. Super rude and inconsiderate. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but high quality. I met with a series of people that gave me a good idea about the position and the culture. I was asked behavior based interview questions and gave a presentation at the final stage of my interview. I was grateful to have the opportunity to meet so many people and understand the position.