Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

161 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Management Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone screen initially and then two individual interviews with managers held back to back. This was followed by a panel interview of 3 managers. Mostly generic questions were asked and some examples were asked.

IT Architect Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

was first contacted for a phone interview , then invited for an in person interview where i was given a tour of the facility and described the day to day process and projects being worked on by the team.

Electric Settlements Associate Analyst (RPS/Bilateral) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screening after which I was invited to an in-person interview panel with behavioral STAR questions and an Excel proficiency test. The entire interview process lasted about an hour and the panel members were extremely nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond to ensure the completion of a project.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process is submitting answers to their questions via video. You have a set time to answer the given question (six in total). You can redo it as many times as you want but overall it is a little awkward doing the interview and I would have much preferred an in-person or a phone call interview. The overall experience could have been better by making the future candidates feel more comfortable.

Mapping Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

Streamlined and easy. Apply, then wait for email to do test, then interview! The people who interviewed me were intelligent and down to earth, and I was very comfortable discussing my background to them. They seemed to agree because I was offered a position. If you're offered a job however, it comes with a full background and previous employment verification by an outside company. You must also do a drug screen within 72 business hours from the offer. I passed everything but the drug screen (THC). It's not an outside lineman job, so HR advised me that I could be reconsidered again, if and only if, I submit certification of having completed minimum 30-day "substance abuse" treatment. Lol, please. This just doesn't fly for someone with actual medical conditions for which cannabis is used as an ideal treatment, as opposed to Big Pharma. It's a freaking mapping job ffs, and I've digitized PG&Es maps before (a nearly year long project). Why don't they go after the pill poppers, tweakers, and drunks instead? When will society learn to steer away from blanket rules?
    Revise your drug policies for office folks, PG&E!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a task with little to no direction.   Answer Question

Safety Incident Investigator, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First phone screening went well, then nothing. First phone screening happened again for same job. Got me to phone interview. Phone interview led to in-person interview. This is where it starts going south. The email inviting me to the interview stated that the time and date could not be changed due to the schedules of the interview panel. This should have been a red flag. No consideration was given to my schedule or availability on that date.
    Was required to submit a writing sample on a subject that they would provide. I needed to ask twice for them to send me the subject, which they finally sent me three days before he interview.
    Took off time from work to fly to Oakland for the live interview, which lasted about 90 minutes with 3 people. The interviewers were very pleasant, professional, and seemed to be very knowledgeable. There were no trick questions, and I didn't hear a single buzzword the whole time.
    I left with a very positive feeling about the interview and the interviewers.
    After no contact for about two weeks, I got a computer-generated email telling me that the requisition had been cancelled. No phone call. Not even an email from an actual person. After taking the trouble to go there on their schedule with no consideration for mine, and after foregoing about $1000 in lost wages for the days off, I felt that the courtesy of a phone call was very little to expect from professionals. I didn't get it.
    Submitted the required form for reimbursement of my travel expenses. No check for over a month. Called to inquire. Was told that the reimbursement had been approved, but still no check, no call back telling me when to expect it. Still waiting for the check. It's been almost 8 weeks now.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (Concord, CA).

Interview

I first enrolled online then had a pone screening with recruiter. Very basic. Interview was with panel (supervisors of 2 different departments and women who held position I was interviewing for)

Interview Questions

• Standard ones. When have you found yourself in a ln uncomfortable position and how did you work it out etc   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (South San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview went well as per schedule. Recruiter was very helpful from start to end of interview process. Still waiting of feedback from recruiter. Had interview with two panels of 4 members.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Ramon, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview time slot is 2 hours. There are two 2-person panel interviews. They ask you to give an overview of your experience and then they ask you a lot of questions about your experiences reflected on your resume. They'll ask you some of the same questions on the application process, such as commuting. They'll describe the position duties and responsibilities, and ask again if you're interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes an effective communicator?   1 Answer

Senior Change Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Lengthy process involving a consulting partner of PG&E. They recruited me, had two phone screens, multiple onsite/panel interviews. They indicated I was a perfect fit, then told me they wanted to interview other candidates. That was months ago and the role has since been posted and reposted multiple times.

Interview Questions

• Describe the leadership triangle and the influence you have in it to lead to a consensus decision   Answer Question