Pacific Gas and Electric Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was done. 2 questions were asked. How have you made your current job a safe place to work? How have you delt with an irrate customer? Very comfortable, non stressful.

Interview Questions

• Safety issues, and lots of examples of customer service.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

This Process is very time consuming, but worth it! I applied for over 20 positions within PG&E over the course of a year. I applied online and checked the website repeatedly every day for Customer Service positions. I applied for this position in May and I didn't receive any communication until the last week of June that I was to have a phone interview.(All communication is done via email) I had the phone interview and it was very brief-3 questions. I was told that I would receive another email if i was a successful candidate. 2.5 weeks later, I got an email letting me know I was to come in and interview.

The interview was lengthy and the questions were easy, but made to challenge you. My advice would be to think about the question before you answer it. Use the STAR model as a response. The interviewers were so nice and made me feel very comfortable. I'm sure they interview a lot of people but I really enjoyed talking with them. Be honest and give complete answers. They will know if you're trying to BS it.

If you are a successful candidate, they will call you to let you know that you got the position. I got the call last week after 2 dreadful weeks of waiting. The pay is lower than Glassdoor reports, but still is a union position and better than any other job I could have hoped for! I am so excited to be starting.

Good luck to applicants! Glassdoor was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe 3 elements of your personality that make you a good fit for Customer Service   1 Answer

Utility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

only 1 interview, very basic questions. when you had to make a hard decision, when you disagreed with someone, safety ect

Negotiation

no negotiations, union position

Apprentice Lineman Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Submitted an application; took a math test; met with the hiring supervisor; was made an offer

Negotiation

No negotiations since this was a union position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was a 2 person panel interview, with each one taking turns in asking questions. Questions weren't all pertaining to job. Was asked to answer in star format. Which was limiting on how u could answer the questions. They asked about attendance, why should I be considered or feel I am a fit for the company. They asked to explain a time when I had to deal with a irrate customer.

Lineman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was not what I expected. Planned poorly for it

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   2 Answers
    • Have you experienced workers working unsafe   1 Answer

CCFA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Fairly standard 2 interview process. It was a few years ago. Phone interview then a 1 on 1. As mentioned below it was a very informal situation. Met in San Jose office where I would be working from. Didnt interview any higher than my direct manager

Interview Questions

• Basic tech knowledge and work habits. Overall a very informal interview   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation as the economy was in the dumps, basically a take this or dont.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Gas and Electric (San Jose, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

There was only one in-person interview conducted by a panel of 2 senior engineers. They asked about my experience and how I would react and solve a problem situation. Or how I would approach and plan a specified work assignment, budget manpower, equipment and materials. I thought they liked what they heard.

Interview Questions

• Give us your plan of action given a new project?   1 Answer
    • Where do I see myself in the company after 5 years?   1 Answer