Pacific Life Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Was asked about my visa status and it consist of two round of interview. first was a HR round and the last was the technical round. the questions were pertaining to my previous experience and the details of job profile

Interview Questions

• previous experience of interacting with business?
      learning from previous mistake in analysis

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with managers an coworkers. The process was fairly easy. If you have baseline professional experience and your resume is tight you will mostly get face time. The place is very professional so dress professional. Do not offer any unwanted opinions because that can negatively impact your interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were targeted to general compliance knowledge and personality screening.   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, an interview with the VP of the department then a final interview with the same HR rep that I had done with my phone interview with. The questions were generic and fairly easy to get through. The HR rep asked me a lot of similar questions in both the phone interview and in-person, so be prepared to rehash your answers as needed. The VP who interviewed me didn't really have any questions prepared and asked me to walk her through my resume. While I'm disappointed that I didn't get the offer, I don't think this would have been a good fit for me anyway. The office is extremely quiet and the offices are filled with cubicles. However, I will say that my interviewers were very friendly. The HR rep also didn't leave me hanging after they chose another candidate; she called me directly and let me know.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult project you have worked on.
      What do you feel like are your strong points?

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I applied for the position and received an email the same week requesting a time that was convenient for a phone screen. Phone screen lasted about 20 minutes and was very basic (tell me about yourself, explain the responsibilities you had in your previous roles, etc.). A few days later I was emailed and asked to come on-site the following week. On-site interview consisted of meeting with various employees across the Talent Acquisition team. Excluding the VP, everyone that I met with seemed to rush me through questions, and it seemed as if they were completely uninterested in what responses I had to give. At the end, naturally, they asked if I had any questions for them, which I did. The responses I received certainly set the vibe as to what kind of people worked in this department, and the culture this place had. It has been a few weeks since the on-site interview, and shocker - no call back or email from the Talent Acquisition team. Given the inherent look of judgment on these people's faces, and feeling as if I was a burden to them (when I was the one invited to come in for an on-site by them), I am not shocked that I didn't hear from them after all of this. It further confirms they lack professionalism, and the horrible impression they leave potential candidates speaks volumes since they represent the face of the whole company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what tools you used in your previous job, and how your were able to manage your workload on a day to day basis   Answer Question

Pacific Life Response

Mar 24, 2016 – Assistant Vice President, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your comments and I am sorry to hear that you had a negative interview experience. The Pacific Life Talent Acquisition team strives to ensure a positive candidate experience ... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone call and then a 2 week wait and then I got an invite for a skype call with the actuaries at the company. This was a group interview in which I was in the same interview session as the people I was competing against. About one hour long total.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an actuary?   1 Answer

Internal Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very slow (2 plus months). Be prepared to make 3 plus trips to their office. For two months they say they are very interested, then you never hear from them. Not very professional; however, the interviewers were quite nice and friendly. Bring water and coffee to the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for PacLife?
      2. Tell me more about your managerial experience.
      3. Tell me more about the 3 lines of defense.
      4. Walk me through your prior work experience.
      5. What in your opinion are the key risk to our business?

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Newport Beach, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied via a recruiter in May, 2015. The Process took approximately 7 weeks. Had several phone interviews (HR, Hiring Manager, etc) before being asked to come into their Newport Beach, CA headquarters location. They provided an agenda, and interview schedule ahead of time so I knew what to expect. However, once I got there I felt I was running a marathon with no breaks between interviews. I was guided by a member of staff to several offices for each interview. The overall in-person interviews lasted about 5 hours. Only had one negative experience after talking to more than a dozen people. The last interviewer took me about 15 minutes past my allotted time. About three weeks after the last set of interviews (despite hearing good reviews of my performance) I did not get an offer.

Regional Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

I interviewed over the phone. Overall it was a negative experience. The interviewer only asked a few questions and, in my opinion, didn't gather near enough information to determine if I'd potentially be a good fit for the position. When the time came for me to ask questions, the responses were very short and direct. The interviewer lacked professionalism and was borderline rude.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your greatest success in your previous position?   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Life (Orange, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

In depth HR screening and typical department interviews with three different individuals from the department that was posting / hiring for the position. In general, the interview process was very much like what you would expect. I'm not sure what else to write here. I sat in one room while the three people came in and sat across the table from me. Everyone was very friendly and asked pointed yet typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you demonstrated ethical behavior.   Answer Question

Summer Actuarial Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I interviewed at Pacific Life (Huntington Beach, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

First I had a phone interview consisting of basic behavioral questions. Then I had a group GoToMeeting Interview online. It was me and six other candidates and 8 actuaries from pacific life. Went around in a circle asking the same 8 questions to all of us. Took about 1.5 hours and the questions were all behavioral.