Pacific National Exhibition Games Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 27, 2017

1.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Games Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

first interview was good. you sit in a group, play games and answer questions. took around an hour, and there was a very easy math test at the end, you would answer questions about receiving change(very small amounts)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pacific National Exhibition

Application

Interview

We did a group interview, and there's tons of people there. If you did good, wait a week or so and they'll email you saying you got the job but for Games Attendant, you have to do a second interview. The second interview is so chilled out and relaxed, and my interviewer told me and my peers to answer the questions "not in the way you were taught to". These questions are strange and unconventional, but it's a lot more fun than playing Jenga with people you don't know. ;)

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of a sandwich?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews and both were in a group. The first one was really chill, we all played some charades and jenga and answered a few scenario questions. Just be normal and talk and you'll be fine. The second one , i got an email to come in for it. This one was a bit for formal. The interviewer asked everyone different questions. In the end we had to sell an item to the group. Again, be normal and you'll be fine!

Games Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online long time ago. Got an email telling me to attend an interview. I went through all the glassdoor reviews so it didn't suprise me when they said we're going to play games. We sat around a round table with two ppl from hr. They're really friendly and we first introduced ourself then played two truth and a lie. Later we did Jenga with numbers on them and they'll have questions to ask you. Just smile and relax. The worest thing you can do is sitting there like a block of wood and giving textbook format answers. After the mathtest we're brought into another room where they gave us a box of random stuff and we have to sell them. BE CREATIVE, think about what's unique about your item, it doesn't have to be realistic. Then you have to pick one idem and sell it to another group. The whole process is like having a drama class. Just relax and be who you are

Interview Questions

• Your trainer tells you a rule that's opposite of what's posted, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview that just resulted in them hiring everyone. You walk into the door and they'll say you're hire. They did some quick math games which was at it to and if you don't get the correct anwser they'll probably give you less shifts. Overall it was an easy interview but the job was pretty bad. Not really the best place to work.

Games Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition.

Interview

The first interview was with a group of around 8 people. You would play 2 truth and 1 lie, Janga, and creativity word games. With the Janga game, each piece has a number to which it corresponds to a situational question. Honestly, it does feel like a gathering, it was actually fun. At the very end you would do some math questions, nothing too difficult. For the second interview, I received a phone call. The second interview was also in a group. We just had to say why we wanted to work in games and solved a math question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it is under union

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

There were 2 interviews. One was a big group interview with about 10 people and the second was a smaller group interview with about 5 people. Pretty easy, just don't be antisocial in the first interview and you're pretty much a shoe-in. At the second interview, again, just be normal and you're in.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer will give you an item and ask you to sell it to them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific National Exhibition (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2009.

Interview

I applied online in June. Later that month, I (and all other fair applicants) received an email requesting a group interview in early July. We were put into groups of 8 or 9 and asked to play games (Taboo, word scramble) and answer scenario questions as a group. A week later, I received a phone call from the games department asking me to go in for a group interview that Saturday. I actually arrived 1 hour late because I remembered the time wrong, but they were pretty chill about it and just told me to go in the next group. We were asked individual "interview" questions (ex. What do you like about working with people? Why do you want to work here? How would your parents describe you?) and to sell a random item to the group and interviewer. I sold a pair of chopsticks as self-defense weapons. We were all hired on the spot and given forms to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Sell this (a random item) to the group.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We weren't given the chance to negotiate wages. They were already posted when we applied. Just go for it, it's pretty high for someone with no experience and a relatively easy interview.