Pacific Sunwear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.0

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and lasted approximately 30 minutes. Interview was conducted with HR who conducts initial screen and then passes information on to relevant departments. Interview was last week so I have not yet proceeded to the next part of the process.

Interview Questions

• Q. What are some of the upcoming trends for Fall?
      Q. Describe the Pacsun Customer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

I was in a group interview. We were all taken into the back stock room and we were asked a various amount of questions such as "Why do you want to work here?" "How can you benefit Pacsun?" "What's your favorite brand that we sell here?" It was very simple. At the end of the interview (or what I thought was the end) we were each told to pick out an outfit for our assigned employee. I was assigned to Nancy who was wearing ripped jeans and a graphic tee. So my job was simple. We all did well with the final task and were hired on the spot. But to my understanding, none of my coworkers ever had to do the final task and that's what I think is unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work here?"
      "How can you benefit Pacsun?"
      "What's your favorite brand that we sell here?"

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Mc Lean, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was super casual and non-intimidating. I walked around the mall with the manager and she asked me questions that were pretty easy to answer. She didn't make me pick out an outfit at the store which I was a little upset about because I had already picked out outfits to present to her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We talked about the days and times I could work plus the tasks I would be doing, whether it's sales or stocks.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Garland, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Filled out application and gave it to them in person at the store. Recieved a call about 3 months later (they hire mainly by seasons so if you apply you have a better chance doing it closer to the end of their season) Went in for a group interview there was about 20 other people there as well for it and was split into 2 groups- one with work experience other group was no work experience. (I had work experience) Had us "roleplay" and one be an employee and one be a customer. Employee had to try and sell their clothes. Then they asked questions about work situations. TIP: TALK TALK TALK. Get noticed.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Tysons Corner, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

I came in on Thursday and asked to fill out an application. I filled it out and handed it in and they gave me an interview date on the following monday. I went in wearing more or less what i normally wear which matched the style of the store so it worked out. It was a really quick 10 minute interview and then he told me to fill out a form for a background check and hed call me when they got it back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear in June 2016.

Interview

I was in a group interview with 7 other people. We started off by introducing ourselves and then explaining why we wanted to work there. Then we were partnered up and were told we had 10 minutes to pick an outfit for our partner. I think the objective was to get to know the other persons style and match them up with a good outfit and also see if we could sell them on smaller add on items like hats or sunglasses. After, we were asked simple questions and we were told that we'd be called within the week if we were chosen to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit about yourself and explain why you want to work at Pacsun.   1 Answer
    • What are two brands that you like?   1 Answer
    • What is one word that you think will help us remember you?   1 Answer

FT Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply online, contacted by a district manager, talk a bit on the phone and asked to come in for a face to face interview. I then had a face to face interview very laid back and easy. Discussed management experience and what I was looking for in a position.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal style?
      What management practices do you like to use on the sales floor?
      How would you go about addressing an associate if he/she were not preforming their job correctly?

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I walked in to apply, and got an interview after filling out the application in the store. I had the interview a few days later. The whole experience was very laid-back, and the manager was incredibly friendly. At the actual interview, we went over the basic questions on the paper, mostly focusing on sales and the Pacsun shopping experience, in addition to current trends and fashion. The whole interview didn't take more than 30 minutes. I was concerned about what to wear, as it's Pacsun, and a typical business casual attire did not seem appropriate. In the end, I wore a casual top and black pants, while maintaining my individual style. That's what's important.

Interview Questions

• What are three summer must-have items?
      What are some current trends you're spotting?
      How do you stay on top of trends?
      What does being dependable mean?

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Logan, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the store manager, and then a week later I was interviewed by the district manager. It took a long time in between interviews for them to get back to me, so from start to finish, the process took a month. It was a very laid back interview though. I would recommend dressing more casual for both interviews (jeans and a nice shirt/blazer) because the manager and district manager aren't going to dress up for you. Dress like you'd fit in well at PacSun.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment and how did you achieve that?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

I walked into a store to apply. Retail stores typically like those applications much more than purely online ones, as it shows initiative. Right after I filled out the application, the manager asked if I could attend their group interview two days later. I had a class scheduled at that time, so he said he would call next time they had one. I got a call about two weeks later for a group interview and went in. I asked if it was professional wear and the manager said nope, just show your style. There were three other people there. When asked a question, we were told to raise our hands if we had an answer. I made sure to answer all of the questions as authentically and creatively as possible. I felt that I did well based off of the reactions of the manager, but didn't get a call back. I called the store about a week later and the manager said she forgot to go through our group interview's candidates. I'm not sure she was telling the truth, but regardless, that call basically got me my second interview. The second interview was one on one with the store manager. It went well and they called me back with a job offer that night. So bottom line, make sure you call a week after your interview no matter what!

Interview Questions

• What are three must have items for this season?   1 Answer
    • What are some signs that someone is a shoplifter?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between customer service and selling?   1 Answer