Pacific Sunwear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.0

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Logan, UT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was first interviewed by the store manager, and then a week later I was interviewed by the district manager. It took a long time in between interviews for them to get back to me, so from start to finish, the process took a month. It was a very laid back interview though. I would recommend dressing more casual for both interviews (jeans and a nice shirt/blazer) because the manager and district manager aren't going to dress up for you. Dress like you'd fit in well at PacSun.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest accomplishment and how did you achieve that?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2016.

Interview

I walked into a store to apply. Retail stores typically like those applications much more than purely online ones, as it shows initiative. Right after I filled out the application, the manager asked if I could attend their group interview two days later. I had a class scheduled at that time, so he said he would call next time they had one. I got a call about two weeks later for a group interview and went in. I asked if it was professional wear and the manager said nope, just show your style. There were three other people there. When asked a question, we were told to raise our hands if we had an answer. I made sure to answer all of the questions as authentically and creatively as possible. I felt that I did well based off of the reactions of the manager, but didn't get a call back. I called the store about a week later and the manager said she forgot to go through our group interview's candidates. I'm not sure she was telling the truth, but regardless, that call basically got me my second interview. The second interview was one on one with the store manager. It went well and they called me back with a job offer that night. So bottom line, make sure you call a week after your interview no matter what!

Interview Questions

• What are three must have items for this season?   1 Answer
    • What are some signs that someone is a shoplifter?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between customer service and selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Orlando, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Sit down with hiring manager
    2. Receive average questions
    3. Done within 15 minutes with the job

The hiring process was very simple. At one point I was responsible for the hiring of seasonal associates myself and I followed a very similar process. As long as the applicant seemed competent and excited they got the job. I always pushed for people to tell me what was special about them and about their style. Walk into the interview either looking like a businessman or a skater dude but either way, be confident and honest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about your favorite brand.
      Why Pacsun?
      Have you sold product before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Brea, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Walked in, filled out an application, and turned it in. The hiring manager immediately asked me to come in for an interview 2 days later. She asked me basic questions but disclosed before she started that she wanted to move forward with me. After 3 questions I was asked to fill out a background check.

Interview Questions

• What brands in the store do you like the most?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at PacSun?   1 Answer
    • What are three words to describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Novi, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

It took five minutes, 2 basic questions and an evaluation of my "style"... they hire you based on looks. For example, I noticed they always put the less attractive associates in the back working stock or fitting room, and the most attractive as greeters and cashiers; I understand that as a marketing technique I guess, but it just seems plain wrong to me.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite brand here?   1 Answer

Designer- Don't Do Free Work Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I applied for a Designer role at Pac Sun (although it was at a lower level then I currently was) I got an initial phone interview with HR that went very well. He said he would follow up with the design director, and get back to me. A week or so later he called back and asked that I do a complete full design collection (30 skus or so) for next (current) upcoming season and email it to him. I replied that I would not be willing to do a full design project without even having the opportunity to meet or interview with the direct manager. His response was that those were the instructions the design director requested otherwise I could not move forward.

I declined to do any free work and then email it to them so they could basically just COPY it without even taking the time to meet with me. The interviewing process is a 2-way street, not only is the company reviewing the candidate, but the candidate is evaluating if they even want to work at that company. Pac Sun and their methods are unethical, they are taking advantage of the process by getting free design work without even taking the time to meet candidates. Horrible experience, and I hope all designers keep their integrity, don't fall for this technique which is starting to be more common. This experience however with Pac Sun was the worst thus far, compared to other companies.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Received a call from HR within 48 hours of application regarding interest in the position and for a brief phone screening about position; subsequently asked to come in for an interview. Scheduled in-person interview with Vendor Compliance Mgr and Quality Control Mgr. Interview lasted ~40 minutes. Overall the interview process was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why does PacSun offer private label brands and popular brands?   1 Answer

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Moorestown, NJ).

Interview

It was a group interview with the assistant manager. Very easy, low key interview. A lot of questions regarding "what would you do in this situation..." all revolving around customer service. The rest of the questions were just personality/get to know you questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your outfit. What made you pick this outfit for your interview with PacSun?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear.

Interview

I applied in store and got a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview. Once getting there, that manager asked about one or two questions and then hired me on the spot. He literally told me he just wanted someone that wanted to be there, and then told me when orientation was. My interview process was a bit different and rushed because they desperately needed girls to work there, as there was only one girl working on the women's side at that time.

Full Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pacific Sunwear (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was hired within from another store. I called the Store manager and let them know that I was moving states and would like the opportunity to move up, and to their store. I had a brief phone interview followed by an in person interview that lasted about 30 min, and then spoke on the phone with the district manager who asked a couple of quick (verifying) questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have shipment that just came in, a customer waiting to be rung out, someone waiting for the fitting room, and the zone sheet needs to be filled out, and you're on single coverage..how do you prioritize?   1 Answer