Pactiv Interview Questions in Lake Forest, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

In-person interview by three people. One by the peer and other two by higher level including one by hiring manager. They took very long time to make the decision. Interview process was not well organized as well. Need better co-ordination between hiring manager and HR.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Sat with an employee who described what happens during a normal day...answered whatever questions I had. Then had interview with 2 CS managers. Asked a lot of thought provoking questions that I had never been asked before.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation with an angry or difficult question   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

Multiple interviews with one on one.
    The usual questions like skills, review your resume, experience, what would you do if........?
    They did check references by calling them.
    It was an HR rep, a co-worker and two different managers in three different sessions. One was just a conference call.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions like your skills, review your resume, your experience, what would you do if this happened........?
      What major projects have you managed?   Answer Question

Customer Account Representative (Temporary) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL).

Interview

I came across this position through a job agency. It looked promising at face value, but after the interview process and a first-hand glimpse of the office, the atmosphere of the company seemed extremely uptight and intense.

When this interview was initially set up, I was told I was to meet with three managers. The manager I was supposed to meet first with was nowhere to be found, and at the time my interview was supposed to begin other employees were repeatedly trying to reach them by phone, but it became clear they were not going to show up. I was told to sit in a cubicle for 30 minutes to patiently wait for the next available manager.

Once I finally sat down with the second manager, they immediately came off as condescending by indirectly insulting my degree before I even said a word or introduced myself. They seemed distracted while interviewing me due to the fact that they asked me the same question twice almost immediately after they asked me the first time. Also when I was mid-sentence answering their question about what my strengths are, the interviewer answered a phone call without saying anything to excuse themselves, and offered no explanation for the intrusion. At the end of the interview they commented about a negative assumption about my personality that was completely unwarranted and inappropriate coming from an person in their position.

The second manager's interview was a much better experience. It was more formal and they went down a list of questions, but it seemed as if they were just going through the motions of the interview. However they were significantly more personable than the first interviewer and I enjoyed speaking with them.

Overall, for a temporary hourly position, I felt like wearing business professional attire and going this whole process was ridiculously excessive. In my experience HR representatives are far more suited to interviewing potential employees than a couple of managers who seemed annoyed to take on another task they seemed unhappy executing.

Interview Questions

• If you past employer was going to say something negative about your work, what would it be?   Answer Question

I have not heard back yet, but do not plan to work for Pactiv

Payroll Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I was to meet with 3 people the first time I went in. When I got there one wasn't in so everything had to be redone. I received an email from the recruiter about a week later saying that my interview was positive and they would be making a decision by the following week. A month later after I had received another offer I contacted the recruiter to see where things stood and was informed that they still weren't ready to make a decision. Then I saw that they had reposted the job on indeed the day before.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

There was a set of 3 interviews all lasting one hour or so. There a verbal offer followed by an acceptance. The expectation is to learn as you go and to learn to do more with less. Young talent is welcomed and is desired. Open minded sharp thinkers with new ideas of how to improve current processes is a key factor to success. Strong excel skills are absolutely required.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position.   1 Answer

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Met with the entire HR Team regarding this role. It was great because it was very informative and from and easy to gauge the working styles of everyone and how they all collaborate with each other. The interview was average, but a full day process. They made me feel welcomed and they extended an offer to me by week end.

Master PLanner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pactiv (Lake Forest, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I was called by an outside recruiting firm and had an initial phone screening with the recruiter. First interview was 1:1 but met with four different people over the course of the afternoon - the director of the department, the hiring managers (two) and a peer. I didn't hear anything for two weeks following the interview so I assumed I didn't get the job. The recruiter kept telling me that they are somewhat slow and to stay positive. The third week I received a phone call from the recruiter stating that I made it to the second round of interviews. I went later that week and met with two more peers in another plant. This was a Friday and on Monday, I received word from the recruiter that everything was positive and she expected an offer on the table that week. I did receive an offer on Friday of that week. After I accepted the offer, I received a packet with instructions on how to submit for my background and drug screening. That took another week. Finally got word that everything came back okay and got my start date. Overall the process took almost a month. There were many times where I felt annoyed or discouraged by how the slow the process was but overall, it was well worth the wait.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current comapny after such a short period of time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was actually quite happy with the offer and didn't even feel I had to negotiate. I felt what they were offering me exceeded my expectations.