Paddy Power Betfair Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Paddy Power Betfair

3.2

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2019.

Interview

Overall it was a fairly relaxed and straight-forward process. There was only really one round which was conducted at the Dublin offices and which consisted of 2 30 minute interviews with a senior member of the team and the team's manager.

Interview Questions

• To calculate profit based on gambling odds i.e. if you put 100 euro on a horse at 6/4 what would be your expected return if he wins?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Paddy Power Betfair

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Technical interview with two persons, than another interview with a HR person or a manager. They will present you the company, what they do and what they expect from you.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

Thought the process was disappointing, with no feedback on phone interview from the recruiter. Felt the unprofessionalism was a bit much for not following up with candidates. Can respect if one was not right for the position, but don't leave someone hanging with no contact. Wouldn't recommend.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience with web development, your projects etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone-based technical interview. This initial screening was mainly simple object-oriented programming questions, definitions etc.
    Coding test to be done within one week (building a simple trading application).
    Face to face technical interview with two developers. The questions were quite advanced, but the interviewers were good in explaining the questions well, and seemed as interested in my approach as in the correctness of my answers.
    Face to face technical interview with manager and developer.

Interview Questions

• Difference between concurrency and parallelism.
      SOLID principles.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

I was first contacted by email form a recruiter from Paddy Power. I got a phone chat with HR that took 5 minutes and then, a couple of days later phone interview for first screening with Senior Developer. The questions asked where for someone with much more experience than I have. They asked for someone with 2 years and then change it for +5!

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2011.

Interview

Just a single face-to-face interview with two people - the guy who would be my boss, and his boss (the head of the group). It was basically a chat about my skills, and a discussion of the type of work that the role involved. It was very relaxed overall. It alternated between them asking questions about my skills, and me asking questions about the role to make sure that I understood it correctly.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of what the other employees in the group you would be working in do?   1 Answer