Paddy Power Betfair Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Outbound Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

It was an easy interview with a very basic questions. Firstly I've been contacted via phone by someone from HR. Then they offered onsite interview. It took 15 minutes only to complete. The role was very basic and they were not super prepared (had my CV on a desk and were using it as a road map)

Interview Questions

• What are your strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Helpdesk Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by sports test, then face to face. This can vary depending on the interviewer as they may have favourable sports, or knowledge of a certain feature may be asked if you

Hrd Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Senior role, so my interview process was comprised a series of interviews with Directors. Initially I met my new boss and a peer. Both very were forthcoming and realistic about the challenges of the job. I then met a number of my customers - directors in my function. I felt this was a very thorough introduction to the business. Finally I met my main customer - who heads a main function. The whole process showed me the quality of PPB people and gave me a very good sense of the role. I really appreciated being able to speak to so many people - all of whom were very open to my questions. It was a challenging but fair process and really got me interesting in the business

Interview Questions

• What is your experience of managing a team across locations?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Easy phone interview then graduate event in the London office.
    No major struggle at any point of the process, a lot of emphasis was on the 'great' office culture which didn't seem to exist outside of the graduate day.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was very basic - just scoping general interest in the area.
      The grad day was in three parts: describe common vulnerabilities from a list, a group presentation and a 1 to 1 interview.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application for "Infrastructure Automation Engineers" (Graduate role) online in mid-November 2015.

Then, had a phone interview in January 2016. Phone interview involved using GIT, and other questions to test your general motivations for IT and development. The phone interviewer asked about my knowledge on source controls, and how you monitor, test and maintain codes. Also some other questions on my programming and projects, the phone interviewer was quite friendly and helpful.

After the phone interview, I was invited to the assessment center in mid february 2016, which was in Hammersmith, London, England.

The candidates formed one group of 7, and we were told to discuss and present pipelining and Continous delivery. I.e. Source control, level of code testing (unit testing, intgration testing etc.), Infrastructures, artifcats, pre and post production testing and continous delivery.

The assesment lasted from 11:30am til 5:30 pm. We had ice breaker session. One-on-one interview, then Technical interview and lastly group work/presentation.

The succesful candidate(s) were notified the next day.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to count spaces in a phrase on a white board?   1 Answer
    • what happens when you type and enter, for instance; google.com into your browser   1 Answer
    • The usual competency questions:
      What is BetFair and Why Us?
      Why this role?
      What are their Core Values?
      What are your observation about our website?
      What is/are your prediction(s) about their new merge with PaddyPower?
      Example of when you've displayed a certain skill in the past?   1 Answer

Learning and Development Manager Interview

Application

Interview

The interview with the Senior Manager lasted about an hour. Questions included general experience related ones and competency based questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. However, It's been over a month and there's no update/feedback from both the Talent Partner or the Senior Manager. The interviewer was condescending and I also sensed some arrogance which was not warranted.

Interview Questions

• General experience related and competency based questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair.

Interview

Communication was done through a recruitment agency, but all contact was swift and helpful. Received offer of telephone interview, was invited to an assessment day about a month later, then a final interview a week later. All interviewers were extremely helpful and interested.

Senior Network Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I’m really disappointed with the method Betfair chose to deliver my feedback. I would have expected a telephone call at the very least from where you would walk candidates through the feedback; which should be detailed, balanced and constructive. What I got instead was somewhat baseless, lacking context and actually in my opinion totally contradicts my own experience of the interview with the hiring and the talent manager. Telling a potential senior candidate that they are not ‘fit’ via txt is poor on all levels and, can be interpreted a number of ways. Presumably you know this already but, if not, this is something that can be taken out of context given the way it was delivered (via txt).Overall I’m not impressed with the way this has been handled and have found the length of the process and then the delivery of the outcome very disengaging.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on November and the process finished near the end of December.First part of the process was the application. After a couple of days I received a mail to book a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly about behavioural questions and included 10 questions about Java. If we passed we were given a programming test. Although after a couple of days we were told we shouldn't do it and that we automatically passed..After a week I was invited in the Assessment Centre. We were divided in two groups. The first part included a small presentation of ourselves. Then we had a 1-1 interview that included mostly behavioural questions. Then we had a group presentation about the implementation of a scalable betfair exchange site. Last part was a technical test that included Fibonacci, a method to find the unique characters of a list using hashmap and another one I don't remember. Overall it was a nice experience.

Sports Technology Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Paddy Power Betfair (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

First I filled an online application and then I had a phone interview in which they asked few questions like why betfair etc. They also asked 10 Java questions, pretty easy ones like what is JVM what is stack. But things got pretty bad from here. Had the worst experience ever. They sent a coding exercise to be done and returned in a week. I did it and spent quality time on it, and after 2 days of sending it I get an email saying its no longer needed. Great! After that they said we will shortlist you if we like your application for assessment centre. Then they delayed it, kept setting dates and kept delaying and finally I was invited to the assessment centre. People were friendly but the experience was real bad. They seem not interested at all. We had to make a poster about ourselves then there was 2:1 interview. In the 2:1 interview one of my interviewer was constantly looking in her phone. She didn't look to pay attention at all. I felt like a fool. The other person was really nice. Then we had a group exercise where nobody was even looking at what we were doing. It felt so useless and then they asked us to present what we did in group exercise. After that there was a technical question, I personally was asked to do fibonacci, count frequency of each character in a string and a multi threading locking question. They said they will get back to us in a week but till 2 weeks they didn't bother replying. Kept postponing the dates. And then i get an email saying I am unsuccessful. I personally thought I did really well as I never day such things unless I am confident. After that I tried getting feedback. I had to wait for 2 weeks as they just were not available for that. And in the feedback they say we have nothing much everyone did well but we reduced the number of positions. I am happy that I didn't get a job at such place.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to print Fibonacci series. Write a program to count frequency of characters in a string. And some multi threading question.   Answer Question