PageGroup Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

3.1

228 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

Complete bait and switch process. I applied and phone screened for one position, but when I arrived for the in-person interview, I was interviewed for an entirely different position that was a lower level with a lower salary. The original position was never even mentioned. Very unprofessional and unethical.

Interview Questions

PageGroup Response

Oct 11, 2017 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

It’s important to us to provide a high level of service to our clients and candidates and we have extensive customer service programs to gather and act on their feedback.  All results are monitored... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PageGroup (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Someone reached out to me via LinkedIn, we had a phone interview and she set up an in-person interview. The person I met with definitely wasn't listening to what I was saying, as he/she asked questions that I had already mentioned in the beginning of the interview. I would not recommend wasting your time here unless you REALLY want the job. Neither the recruiter or the person I interviewed with replied to my thank you email, which I thought was a bit unprofessional for a recruiting agency. I figured if I didn't land the job here, no hard feelings, I at least have a recruiting contact, however at this point I have zero interest in working with them in any which way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Met with 2 directors. 1st woman was nice and asked me about my background and why sales etc.
    The other guy essentially tried to scare me out of wanting the role. Said screw the sales role play. And just tried to stump me with questions. When I gave the wrong answer, he would say " what i would have said was.."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

A little awkward. Was supposed to meet with 7 people but an hour in after meeting just two, I was told they would call me tomorrow. Beautiful office and friendly staff but cut-throat environment. If that's not for you don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Page Group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consisted of an initial meeting with the recruiter that had reached out to me, followed by two sale role plays. The first scenario I was asked to play out was selling a car to one of the interviewers and the second scenario was trying to convince him to come work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a recruiter at Michael Page?   Answer Question

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Interview

The overall shallow tone, that almost every girl, 35 and under has, while using the word: Like, every other sentence is who I was speaking with. The genuine disinterest of recruiting me was very apparent during out painful 10 minutes on the phone. I could tell it was scripted as maybe she was new, but her overall presence on the phone was weak and one that seemed little care about me working for the company, but rather just finishing her pitch and see if she could hit a number. Lastly, the subtle shot at the current company I'm working for wasn't far off, but not the way to attract new talent.

Interview Questions

• describe what made me qualified for the role   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen was ok with the Talent Acquisition Rep who was very friendly then had an in person interview with the Director. Felt a discriminatory vibe as soon as he came in. Very judgy kind of guy who made me disinterested in the position. Didn't bother to follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call within 30 minutes of submitting my resume. Phone interview lasted about 15 to 20 minutes so be prepared. I was caught off guard by the rapid response and ended up stumbling over my words a bit. After the phone interview I was sent a personality test to determine how much of a sales mindset you have. After the personality test, I was invited to meet the sales team of directors and managers for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What other companies or positions are you looking into?   Answer Question

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend posted that her company was hiring and I sent her my application. Immediately she called me and we spoke and she asked me to get to NYC as soon as possible for an interview. I was working at the time, but she insisted that being punctual would help my chances, so I had to skip my part-time job for the trip. I arrived, interviewed first with an associate recruiter, then with a director and manager at the same time, and they asked me to return the next day. I arranged a time much earlier than when my train was leaving. The next day I came in for the interview and was kept waiting for an hour in an interview room before someone came to see me. I spoke with the manager from the day before, her department boss, another director in her department, and then a seemingly random other employee. I waited about 15 minutes between each person coming in. In each interview section, they essentially asked me the same questions. Some of them were very kind to me, as if on my "side", while others were very harsh on me, almost playing the bad guy. I ended up missing my train home. It was a good experience for a first interview, as it was pretty intense.

Interview Questions

• Not everyone can handle New York. Why do you want to live here and how will you succeed here?   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the election that's going on? (completely inappropriate for the setting)   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

Prepare to be analyzed. Even yelled at/called stupid for bring nice. If you only care about money and ripping people off from 8am-7pm with discretionary bonuses this place is for you.