PageGroup Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PageGroup Recruiter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple rounds. Phone call, online assessment, in person, and a skype with the MD. Was very thorough, but also respectful of my time as I was working somewhere else during the process. You meet a lot of the senior people and get to experience the feel of the office. Overall seems like the company really cares about the people they bring in.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my previous sales results, wanted to understand my strategy for bringing in new clients   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I was contacted by an internal recruiter who then set up a Skype interview with the director of the Chicago office. I then went in for an in-person interview at the Chicago office. Overall, it seems like a very competitive, cut throat environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I went through a four round interview process that lasted about two months. The hiring manager who had been interviewing me made it clear that I was going to eventually be given an offer. Each time I came in I was given the idea that I was a great candidate for the role. But when the fourth interview finally came around I met with a director who told me I was unfit for the role and then offered me another opportunity for a different job they were recruiting for. I was basically kept in the dark throughout the entire process and lied to about being given an offer. Recruiters are the worst form of people.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Personality test. Second phone screen. I was then brought into the office in the houston location and interviewed for 6 hours through three rounds with two managers interviewing me in each round. Was shown through the office. Phone screen with the Director of the company. Then references were checked then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for one the spot role playing. The questions are challenging and designed for you to fail. They are looking to see how you handle the situation and how you take feedback.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasnt able to negotiate much, mostly from inexperience of negotiating, and the terms were already set at he beginning. This isnt a role where negotiating is normal. It just is what it is.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PageGroup in September 2016.

Interview

I Skype interviewed with a Director in the Chicago office and it was not a pleasant interaction right from the get go as he depicted and criticized how I performed my previous job of recruiting in a completely different recruiting environment, not a IT or technical staffing one. So much disrespect came in his tone and his demeanor. The initial reach out from the talent acquisition manager was great and promising, but once the Skype interview came around, it amazing that a company allows someone like that to be the director of an office no matter how much business expertise they have. It was not a Director I would ever recommend working for. Even after the rough interview, I sent a follow up email to the director thanking him for his time and seeing what the next steps in the process were and to my surprise, no response email.

Interview Questions

• How i performed my current role as a recruiter in a different industry.   Answer Question

PageGroup Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to providing a high level of engagement with all applicants from initial interaction to final feedback so I want to apologize for the experience you had ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

ask basic interview questions and then did role play to test sales skills. Two role plays: pretend to sell a bmw to a person who owns a bmw already. They are very tough on you. Second roll play was pretend you are a recruiter at michael page and you are on a cold call. did it twice. didnt do so well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

Three phone calls, followed by one in person interview. I started with a 15 minute phone call and continued to have two more phone interviews before they invited me to the NYC office. In the office I was interviewed and then asked to take a sales aptitude test.

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Consisted of several preliminary phone calls, personality tests...
    Vibe was very cold from the beginning. You can tell this is an old-fashioned, cut-throat type company where people are extremely competitive. Most of the people I interviewed with seemed unfriendly and not the types of people I would like spending a whole day with. I would avoid this type of company vibe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I got interviewed the first time by the manager who reached out to me on linkedin. I did so well on the interview and scored higher than 80% of the employees who worked there. They called me again for a second interview to meet with the director, and he liked me as well. The director had told me if I really want the job I should take at least two days to really think about it and gave me the option to call him back.For the third time I came in to meet with the same director and 2 other employees. So in total I got interviewed about 6/7 times and they kept giving me positive reviews about my interview process. At the very end they said to wait about a week or two to wait for an email or phone call to see if I got the job. Unfortunately, my time was wasted and I did not even get a response back from my follow up email. I guess better opportunities will come my way.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone calls, a Skype interview, and then an office visit with a director of recruiting. They interviewed more than thirty people for the position, I have no sales experience so that was a big reason why I did not receive an offer. The first part of the office interview involved a series of quick-fire questions trying to gage your instincts for recruiting, then the second half was a more laid-back conversation with a more senior member of the group to gage personality/how you would fit in in the office culture.

Interview Questions

• If you could invite two people to dinner, one person that you know and one person you've never met, who would they be?   Answer Question
    • How do you think you would you go about finding the right candidate for the position you are looking to fill at a specific company (list of some of the questions you'd ask both the client and the candidate)?   Answer Question