PageGroup Recruiting Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.2

181 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Interview

The overall shallow tone, that almost every girl, 35 and under has, while using the word: Like, every other sentence is who I was speaking with. The genuine disinterest of recruiting me was very apparent during out painful 10 minutes on the phone. I could tell it was scripted as maybe she was new, but her overall presence on the phone was weak and one that seemed little care about me working for the company, but rather just finishing her pitch and see if she could hit a number. Lastly, the subtle shot at the current company I'm working for wasn't far off, but not the way to attract new talent.

Interview Questions

• describe what made me qualified for the role   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen was ok with the Talent Acquisition Rep who was very friendly then had an in person interview with the Director. Felt a discriminatory vibe as soon as he came in. Very judgy kind of guy who made me disinterested in the position. Didn't bother to follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call within 30 minutes of submitting my resume. Phone interview lasted about 15 to 20 minutes so be prepared. I was caught off guard by the rapid response and ended up stumbling over my words a bit. After the phone interview I was sent a personality test to determine how much of a sales mindset you have. After the personality test, I was invited to meet the sales team of directors and managers for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What other companies or positions are you looking into?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There was a phone interview, an in person interview with a couple of managers and a Skype with the managing director. I was offered the position after my final round interview and accepted the following Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Pre screening call, online personality test, 2 in person interviews (first one was around 3 hours, second one was one hour). Although difficult, everything went okay until the last in person interview in which I met with the manager of the department I was applying for. After spending weeks and hours of my time interviewing, I did not get a follow up. The least they could have done was send me a rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swampscott, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Swampscott, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, it was awkward. The person conducting the screen seemed to be irate she had to talk to me? Never experienced that before. First thing out of her mouth was so what are your questions? When I asked her to describe the position she just referred me to the description online. If all I needed to know was online then I don't need to talk to anybody then? The whole experience was bordering rude. Definitely one to forget.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Stamford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The PageGroup interview process is extremely lengthy and thorough. It consists of 4-5 rounds, and progression is determined by passing the previous round. I was told that it is unlikely for most candidates to make it past the first round. i am currently awaiting the 5th and final round.
    Breakdown:
    Round 1- Phone screen by internal recruiter and online assessment.
    Round 2- In person interview with Manager and Senior Manager.
    Round 3- 3 role play scenarios (sell a car, sell a house, sell Michael Page) with 2 managers.
    Round 4- In person interview with Executive Director.
    Round 5- In person interview with Managing Director.

I am currently awaiting the final round.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Recruiting?

Why do you want to work in Recruiting?

Tell me about your day to day at your previous job?

What do you know about Michael Page?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Probably the most unprofessional and odd interviews I've ever had.

I interviewed at the Houston office where i was there for almost 5 hours talking to every single person that was working in the office for no reason. The random role playing questions were impossible and once i got them wrong I was pretty much made to feel like and idiot.

A few days later I had an interview with the regional director upi n NJ or NY. The entire facetime consisted of him talking to someone else in his office and never once looking up. He asked unprofessional questions like if my Dad was alive, why with only a year of recruiting did I even apply to his company, if i was single.... the list goes on. He then argued me about my resume that i had sent in because he was looking at SOMEONE ELSES. He refused to understand and it ended up being an argument over his wrong doing. Literally one of the rudest men i've ever spoken to.

Had i gotten an offer i would have declined it in a heart beat.

Interview Questions

• Say you have a balloon shop and don't have black balloons and cannot get them ANYWHERE no matter what. Someone comes in to ask you for 100 black balloons.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple rounds. Phone call, online assessment, in person, and a skype with the MD. Was very thorough, but also respectful of my time as I was working somewhere else during the process. You meet a lot of the senior people and get to experience the feel of the office. Overall seems like the company really cares about the people they bring in.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my previous sales results, wanted to understand my strategy for bringing in new clients   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I went through a four round interview process that lasted about two months. The hiring manager who had been interviewing me made it clear that I was going to eventually be given an offer. Each time I came in I was given the idea that I was a great candidate for the role. But when the fourth interview finally came around I met with a director who told me I was unfit for the role and then offered me another opportunity for a different job they were recruiting for. I was basically kept in the dark throughout the entire process and lied to about being given an offer. Recruiters are the worst form of people.