PageGroup Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

A friend posted that her company was hiring and I sent her my application. Immediately she called me and we spoke and she asked me to get to NYC as soon as possible for an interview. I was working at the time, but she insisted that being punctual would help my chances, so I had to skip my part-time job for the trip. I arrived, interviewed first with an associate recruiter, then with a director and manager at the same time, and they asked me to return the next day. I arranged a time much earlier than when my train was leaving. The next day I came in for the interview and was kept waiting for an hour in an interview room before someone came to see me. I spoke with the manager from the day before, her department boss, another director in her department, and then a seemingly random other employee. I waited about 15 minutes between each person coming in. In each interview section, they essentially asked me the same questions. Some of them were very kind to me, as if on my "side", while others were very harsh on me, almost playing the bad guy. I ended up missing my train home. It was a good experience for a first interview, as it was pretty intense.

Interview Questions

• Not everyone can handle New York. Why do you want to live here and how will you succeed here?   1 Answer
    • What do you think of the election that's going on? (completely inappropriate for the setting)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Pre screening call, online personality test, 2 in person interviews (first one was around 3 hours, second one was one hour). Although difficult, everything went okay until the last in person interview in which I met with the manager of the department I was applying for. After spending weeks and hours of my time interviewing, I did not get a follow up. The least they could have done was send me a rejection email.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

Curricular stage.
    First interview with manager, second one with partner.
    Both focues on CV analysis and some question abous professional and university past experiences.
    No wage, internship lenght six months.

Choose another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I went through a four round interview process that lasted about two months. The hiring manager who had been interviewing me made it clear that I was going to eventually be given an offer. Each time I came in I was given the idea that I was a great candidate for the role. But when the fourth interview finally came around I met with a director who told me I was unfit for the role and then offered me another opportunity for a different job they were recruiting for. I was basically kept in the dark throughout the entire process and lied to about being given an offer. Recruiters are the worst form of people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

ask basic interview questions and then did role play to test sales skills. Two role plays: pretend to sell a bmw to a person who owns a bmw already. They are very tough on you. Second roll play was pretend you are a recruiter at michael page and you are on a cold call. did it twice. didnt do so well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

Three phone calls, followed by one in person interview. I started with a 15 minute phone call and continued to have two more phone interviews before they invited me to the NYC office. In the office I was interviewed and then asked to take a sales aptitude test.

Business Finance Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with a recruiter who mainly deals with the financial services industry. It was easy to see through her lack of experience due to the generic line of questioning. Although we spoke twice on the phone she apparently did not remember much about me. I was told to email my resume which I did the following business day. Since then, I have not heard back from this recruiter. My meeting at Michael Page was a complete waste of time. Other staffing agencies in NYC have since landed me job interviews. Definetly stay away!

Interview Questions

• 1) How familiar are you with the Michael Page group
      2) We then went job by job on my resume
      3) Asked what I was looking for
      4) What differentiates Michael Page from other staffing agencies (i.e. they take on more of a consulting role with candidates)
      5) Was told to follow-up by emailing my updated resume (Which I did a week before the interview. Some reason she was using my old resume during the meeting)   Answer Question

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Consisted of several preliminary phone calls, personality tests...
    Vibe was very cold from the beginning. You can tell this is an old-fashioned, cut-throat type company where people are extremely competitive. Most of the people I interviewed with seemed unfriendly and not the types of people I would like spending a whole day with. I would avoid this type of company vibe.

Human Resources Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

If there is a worse placement agency in this city, I'm not sure which it is. The dicking around they do with potential hires is disgusting. They round up professionals like cattle and have zero communication skills. They set phone calls and never call. They have you come in and meet 5 different people. They waste so much of candidates time, it's unprofessional at best and negligent at worst. They send your resume out and never follow up. They send you on interviews and never give feedback or even tell you the status of the interview. Months pass, and I wish I was joking, before you hear a word. Then they pull this "ghosting" nonsense. That may work with these people's tinder hook ups, but it's bad practice when dealing with professionals.

They have these brand new graduates dicking around seasoned HR professionals as if we've never done recruiting before. Bad move for a variety of reasons, 1, I see through you. We all do. 2, we all reach out to staffing agencies when in HR leadership roles and the only thing you ensure with treatment like this is that I would never use your agency and will give bad word of mouth.

I'm an HR consultant now and I get paid a decent amount of money to advise companies on what to do with their HR functions, I always advise to avoid the Page Group.

If they treat their potential candidates so badly, there's no way any reputable company should want to employ this group.

My advice, hire better people and let them know that treating potential hires respectfully is key. Otherwise you just generate bad will and lose potential clients.

I will never use page group, and that is truly their loss, as I've already referred my own clients elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Nonsense questions they ask. Their recruiters are so green, it's pathetic.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I got interviewed the first time by the manager who reached out to me on linkedin. I did so well on the interview and scored higher than 80% of the employees who worked there. They called me again for a second interview to meet with the director, and he liked me as well. The director had told me if I really want the job I should take at least two days to really think about it and gave me the option to call him back.For the third time I came in to meet with the same director and 2 other employees. So in total I got interviewed about 6/7 times and they kept giving me positive reviews about my interview process. At the very end they said to wait about a week or two to wait for an email or phone call to see if I got the job. Unfortunately, my time was wasted and I did not even get a response back from my follow up email. I guess better opportunities will come my way.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you instead of the other candidates?   Answer Question