PageGroup Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.2

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consisted of an initial meeting with the recruiter that had reached out to me, followed by two sale role plays. The first scenario I was asked to play out was selling a car to one of the interviewers and the second scenario was trying to convince him to come work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a recruiter at Michael Page?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PageGroup

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

Prepare to be analyzed. Even yelled at/called stupid for bring nice. If you only care about money and ripping people off from 8am-7pm with discretionary bonuses this place is for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I was contacted by an internal recruiter who then set up a Skype interview with the director of the Chicago office. I then went in for an in-person interview at the Chicago office. Overall, it seems like a very competitive, cut throat environment.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PageGroup in September 2016.

Interview

I Skype interviewed with a Director in the Chicago office and it was not a pleasant interaction right from the get go as he depicted and criticized how I performed my previous job of recruiting in a completely different recruiting environment, not a IT or technical staffing one. So much disrespect came in his tone and his demeanor. The initial reach out from the talent acquisition manager was great and promising, but once the Skype interview came around, it amazing that a company allows someone like that to be the director of an office no matter how much business expertise they have. It was not a Director I would ever recommend working for. Even after the rough interview, I sent a follow up email to the director thanking him for his time and seeing what the next steps in the process were and to my surprise, no response email.

Interview Questions

• How i performed my current role as a recruiter in a different industry.   Answer Question

PageGroup Response

Oct 18, 2016 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to providing a high level of engagement with all applicants from initial interaction to final feedback so I want to apologize for the experience you had... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started with an informal phone interview with a more junior recruiter. Brought on-site for a live interview with that recruiter. I was kept waiting in the lobby for 25 minutes. Next was an on-site with 2 Managing Directors, one that sits locally in Chicago the other sits on the East Coast. They forced me to do the interview at their preferred time even though I told them I would have a definite hard stop time . Nonetheless, they kept me waiting in the conference room for 10 minutes, asked me 3 silly irrelevant questions, then asked me to wait while they "called goldman sachs" , came back 15 minutes later, asked me if I had any questions, then it was time for me to end the interview. They scheduled time for me to debrief on the phone the following-week and didn't call me. They resheduled and did not call me. On the third try, they said they only had a minute and told me they decided they decided to only hire experienced recruiters.

Interview Questions

• If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
      How much do you think I paid for this tie?
      Who is the biggest jerk you ever worked with and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PageGroup in January 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call with no notice about two days after sending in my resume. The person who I spoke to was very impatient and rude. It sounded like they were being forced to talk to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PageGroup (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, had several phone screens/conversations, skype interviews and an in-person. The recruiters were helpful but almost rude at the same time. Did two role plays and they had you do a personality test as well as situation questions, etc. They were unprofessional in the workplace and it seemed to be a bit behind with technology and office arrangements, etc. Left knowing I wouldn't want to work for them. Seemed to waste a lot of my time as well as their own.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was to be expected, yet I only spoke to one current employee before the personality test. There was quite a lot of down time, but overall an average first interview experience

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared for the competitive nature of the recruiting environment here at Michael Page?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup in June 2015.

Interview

Good interviewers, 2 rounds, everyone was very friendly. The processes took about three weeks and consisted of phone screening, personality test, and two rounds of in person interviews. From my knowledge many people were being screened for this position. They were very good about keeping in touch in the beginning of the interview process and applicant consideration

Interview Questions

• The interview was very fast paced and you must be on your feet. Much of the interview consisted of questions regarding past experiences and job positions.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. We spoke on the phone a few times. They had me come into the office and interview with 4 or 5 different people. There were no hard questions. It was a very relaxed interview. I never heard back to hear if I got the position or not even thought I followed up after the interview.