PageGroup Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PageGroup Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at PageGroup

3.2

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Interview

The overall shallow tone, that almost every girl, 35 and under has, while using the word: Like, every other sentence is who I was speaking with. The genuine disinterest of recruiting me was very apparent during out painful 10 minutes on the phone. I could tell it was scripted as maybe she was new, but her overall presence on the phone was weak and one that seemed little care about me working for the company, but rather just finishing her pitch and see if she could hit a number. Lastly, the subtle shot at the current company I'm working for wasn't far off, but not the way to attract new talent.

Interview Questions

• describe what made me qualified for the role   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PageGroup

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup in March 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and set up and interview for the following day. When I got there, I waited 35 minutes for the interviewer to show up. Once we started talking, he talked about himself and his life and barely asked me any relevant questions. He said that I would be working super long hours etc. and I was fine with it until he said that "you pretty much don't have a life" and was extremely turned off. After I waited another 45 minutes before filling out some questionnare, he rushed me out the door and didn't mention any follow up steps after I asked. It's been about three weeks and after I contacted the numerous times I still have not recieved a response. Not even to decline the position. HOW professional. What a bogus company. I would never want to work 12 hours a day and slave for this bs company.

Interview Questions

• If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen, than 2 1/2 hour interview with several different managers, finally an interview with the director. First of all, during the interview I did not get a vibe of great culture in this office. Managers were literally making smart comments about other managers during the interview. how rude. Also, it seems like this is a very miserable place to work, I mean there isn't even a lunch break? you have to eat at your desk? On top of that there is absolutely NO work life balance. 7:30am - 7:30pm is what they told me I would be expected to do. I have no problem with the work hard play hard mentality BUT if you're expecting someone to be there for 12 hours a day at least offer a proper lunch break. Honestly stay away from this recruitment company, there are many other recruitment company's out there who respect their employees. Also you'll end up sharing your commission with people who probably won't even bill. Respect your employees! Maybe if you start to offer your employees a proper lunch break and not force/look down upon on employees who don't want to work 12 hours every day of their life, your retention would be much better. Yes this business is not for everyone, but respect should be given.

Interview Questions

PageGroup Response

Jun 20, 2018 – Richard Vickers, Regional Managing Director, North America

I am dismayed to read this. I can understand how the emphasis on a work hard, play hard culture may be interpreted, but I assure you the working conditions described are completely inaccurate. Yes... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

You will meet a handful of people who will ask you the same questions over and over again about your background and what you're looking for in your next job. If they like you, you will have to perform sales role plays, including a phone call to a potential candidate.
    They'll tell you the personality assessment is not that important, but you actually must pass for them to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and why you would want to join Michael Page?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I had interviews with different people.
    The second time I came in for an interview, I spoke with a manager of 1 team. When I came home I got an invitation to do a on the desk experience. I immediatly sent an email back to schedule it and I got no answer back. After 3 mails and a phonecall, I got an answer 4 days later and suddenly she felt I wasn't perfect for the job... After I hung up I felt this was not correct so I sent her another email saying that I still wanted to do it. 5min later I got a new appointment...

Interview Questions

• why sales? explain me who you are? Roll in previous job...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PageGroup (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was genuinely a game of how athletics and popular does this person seem. My interview was unprofessional and focused solely on my personal life and ability to "party."

Questions are theoretical sales examples and focus on unrealistic situations for you to push through a sale.

Process is for sure bias based on physical appearance.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you had to convince someone to do something they didn't want to. Give an example from a real life situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Reading previous reviews had me very nervous but I was shockingly surprised at how pleasant the process was! It was very quick, I reached out to a recruiter who immediately contacted me and brought me for a solo interview. A week later I was brought in for a second time to interview with 3 other managers.

I felt very comfortable with the three managers I interviewed with. They were all very honest and told me straight up what the position entailed and how it is mainly a sales role that can have a lot of negatives and frustrations to it. I was able to be honest with them and say this wasn't a role for me and they were all wonderful and said to reach out if I ever change my mind or have questions! I had a very pleasant experience throughout the whole process and admire their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• This is mainly a sales role, do you see yourself working in sales?   Answer Question
    • How does your current job prepare you for a role like this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PageGroup (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Personality test. Second phone screen. I was then brought into the office in the houston location and interviewed for 6 hours through three rounds with two managers interviewing me in each round. Was shown through the office. Phone screen with the Director of the company. Then references were checked then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for one the spot role playing. The questions are challenging and designed for you to fail. They are looking to see how you handle the situation and how you take feedback.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasnt able to negotiate much, mostly from inexperience of negotiating, and the terms were already set at he beginning. This isnt a role where negotiating is normal. It just is what it is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

ask basic interview questions and then did role play to test sales skills. Two role plays: pretend to sell a bmw to a person who owns a bmw already. They are very tough on you. Second roll play was pretend you are a recruiter at michael page and you are on a cold call. did it twice. didnt do so well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PageGroup (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I went through a four round interview process that lasted about two months. The hiring manager who had been interviewing me made it clear that I was going to eventually be given an offer. Each time I came in I was given the idea that I was a great candidate for the role. But when the fourth interview finally came around I met with a director who told me I was unfit for the role and then offered me another opportunity for a different job they were recruiting for. I was basically kept in the dark throughout the entire process and lied to about being given an offer. Recruiters are the worst form of people.