Palantir Technologies Business Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palantir Technologies Business Development Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

A number of Skype interviews, followed by a 8-hour block of on-site interviews. The whole process was incredibly disorganized and drawn-out, taking weeks between each stage of the process. Communication from the recruiters was atrocious, with the recruiters bouncing me around like a volleyball and forgetting to communicate key details of the interview process. The interviews were quite thorough and in-depth, but focused a lot on Freudian psychoanalytics, which was kind of funny.

Interview Questions

• Lots of Freudian psychoanalytics, delving into high school decisions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Round of phone interviews, then an obnoxiously time consuming data test (basically an analytics entry exam to weed people out), multiple in person interviews. After all of this, the Founders get a whack at you. You could crush every level of the interview process and then the Founders could meet you for 5 minutes and decide you don't fit into the Palantir cult. More power to them, but after the interview process I didn't want to work there.

Interview Questions

• lots of questions about different types and ways of organizing data.   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter. Spoke with him breifly and then scheduled a phone screen with the recruiter wich I thought was odd. it was recorded and he had a set of questions. never heard anything back in terms of feedback just a deflection when I asked about the status to the recruiter....So nothing positive or negative to say about Palantir .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and was offered an interview within two weeks by the HR coordinator. I went into the office in meatpacking, met with a member of the team for approximately thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and why it is relevant for the position you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I had three phone interviews for a position. The first was excellent, I was asked great questions and it felt like a good conversation in which I learned a lot about the company and vice versa. The second was a bit awkward but mostly ok. The third was very awkward, as I was not asked any questions but just told to ask the interviewer questions, for a full hour. The interviewer seemed a bit distracted. There were several scheduling issues throughout where it did not seem like HR and the team were communicating. On the whole, though, it was generally a pretty 'normal' interview process, with the usual questions, and no brain teasers or trick questions as other here have mentioned. Unfortunately I never got to the in-person interview stage.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

You will meet several people from various teams. It is supposed to be a conversation. Be yourself and cite specific examples from your life. In the end, the process will shake out where it should.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (McLean, VA).

Interview

WORST recruiters I have ever interacted with. I have worked for Facebook and Google before interviewing at Palantir and haven't seen such unprofessionalism. The onsite interview was actually challenging with each of the interviewers who were quite pleasant and definitely intelligent.

I think witnessing hearing the recruiters talk about other candidates in the same room as me while I was waiting made me feel uneasy. At one point, the two girls were laughing at one of the candidates and said 'she's probably not going to make it'. There was a dog in the lobby that defecated right near where we were all sitting which was quite gross and embarrassing. The candidates and I just all stood up and move to a different corner of the lobby.

While waiting for my recruiter to close me out, I could hear the people outside saying that she wasn't around because she was late coming back from the gym from some class. I sat in the interview room for about 35-45 minutes with random non-recruiters asking me if I was ok or needed anything. Finally my recruiter came in, she was all sweaty and still in gym clothes and said she was late from a meeting which I knew was crap.

Unfortunately I didn't get an offer, I actually knew I wasn't when one of the other recruiters said something outside the door "we're just waiting to close her out, she's not going to make it".

I'm ok with not getting an offer from this company. I truly appreciate how awesome the recruiters at Google and Facebook are, and left this company with a not so pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how I would model data for a changing market in a specific industry.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Total interviews: 8 (including phone and on-site)

I didn't find the interview questions especially tough, as long as you thought creatively. I had a few interviews and then lunch (which I think was a "culture fit" interview, to be honest) followed by a product demo and then more interviews.

If they like you, they let you stay after the product demo to do more interviews, and everyone who is hired interviews with a founder during their on-site day.

Honestly, it's pretty stressful/long, but not unbearable. Everyone seems to know it's a long day, and offers you breaks, drinks, and snacks constantly.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the Palantir platform to your grandmother?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They give three offers with different mixes of salary and stock options and you pick what works for you.

Business Development Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I got contacted just a little over a week after submitting my resume to schedule a phone interview. The interview was pretty friendly and informal; they just wanted to make sure I was truly interested in their company and understood what they do. They asked me questions like, "How did you hear about Palantir?", "What is your understanding of what we do?", "Why do you want to work here?", etc.

Interview Questions

• "How would you explain our platform to a 10-year-old boy?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Strange. I had a couple of phone screens then flew out for on-sites which they do on wednesdays. I interviewed with the finance team--the interviews were casual and the questions were interesting quantitative questions mostly. A couple algorithm/coding questions and a couple problems involving dice, jelly beans, jars, goats, doors and the like.

The office is typical silicon valley: jeans and t-shirts, video game rooms, scooters, free drinks and caf etc. I frankly find that whole vibe a little phony--somebody's paying for the redbull--but some people are into it. The senior people came across as super arrogant, with one enumerating the alma mater's of various engineers. Which is annoying--if I wanted to put up with that crap then I'd work at a bank.

Anyways, they called back and asked me to interview at an office near me. Which went fine. Then I had phone calls with two "of the founders", which were pretty much non-eventful if a little awkward. Then they called and said I was a bad fit. Which was honestly probably true, but it shouldn't have taken two months and a ton of my time to determine that.

Interview Questions

• unix question: find a file containing a word in a file structure   4 Answers