Palantir Technologies Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

3.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

Had a coding challenge, which I assume which would have led to further interviews, but I had a lot of technical difficulties with the coding challenge (computer restarted, etc...), and didn't finish. The challenge was easy enough. Contacted HR about it, got a no soon after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview process was a multi-stage one: first I had a phone call, then a day-long series of in-person interviews, and lastly a meeting with one of the founders before receiving an offer. Folks dressed informally (many in jeans) and some of my interviews were over VTC.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

Emailed by recruiting contact after dropping off resume at university career fair. Did a coding challenge on HackerRank and then two weeks later, a phone interview. The coding challenge was very easy and more focused on math concepts than data structures/algorithms. Definitely recommend learning to use HackerRank ahead of the coding challenge to make sure you don't get stumped on administrative things like using the HackerRank compiler or doing I/O via HackerRank and can focus on the questions at hand. Then did a phone interview with the question below. Overall a good experience. Everyone I interacted with was kind, genuine, and timely.

Interview Questions

• Create a data structure to represent an integer set. Write methods for add and contains.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (College Station, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was a short phone call with a pretty friendly employee. I had met with a recruiter at a career fair who also came from the same academic background as me (GIS) and he recommended I apply for an internship. After emailing back and forth, I was referred to someone else on the recruiting/HR/hiring team and we set up a 'first round' interview. The conversation was a little too short, in my opinion, and the recruiter seemed a little brief. It wasn't a bad experience, per say, but I somehow got the feeling that he wasn't too interested in talking to me (which I found strange, because the GIS guy I met at the career fair seemed really jazzed about my background).

Interview Questions

• What's your understanding of what Palantir does?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

HackerRank online coding challenge was a very difficult graph search. Only got half of the unit tests completed and was not called back for the next round.

Not a fan of HackerRank coding challenges, as you cannot demonstrate your thinking process. I wrote as much as I could through comments etc but it was not enough.

Overall, it was a good experience just hard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Graph Search to find certain elements. Lots of Tests that need to be passed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Three stages. I only got to stage two. First stage is basic programming challenge on hackerrank. Second stage was a skype interview with employee and third stage is going to office and going through 2 or 3 personal interviews

Interview Questions

• Given a matrix of 1s and 0s, find if all the 0s are connected (ie, can you flood-fill the area)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

They contact me to set up an interview. Telephone interview. Discussed a little bit about my background, where I want to go further in my career.
    Friendly and Pleasant Interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you build a lego world with multiplayer concurrent access   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2014.

Interview

Spoke with recruiters at career fair booth. Received an email about 2 weeks later requesting a phone interview. First interview behavioral and the second was technical. The interviewer gaves hints along the way as needed.

Interview Questions

• Question related to transferring an extremely large file over a network and how to optimize the process.   Answer Question
    • Sorting the first n elements of an array   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen where general questions about my background were asked, was invited to an onsite interview and met with multiple people throughout the day. they all essentially asked the same things "tell us about your background" "what's the largest event you have planned" etc., Difficult in that there are no breaks and its a full day of interviews spent repeating the same thing, by the end of the day its easy to have a well-rehearsed spiel down. One interview is over lunch/a tour of the grounds

Interview Questions

• none are that difficult, it's more about not being phased by the standoffish/rude attitudes of some of the employees who interview you   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Sydney (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Before the interview, conducted a coding examination under a timer. Did not get perfect score (ran out of time for some edge cases), but got an interview regardless.

Phone interview lasted around 30-45 minutes, with no technical questions. Asked about various parts of my resume, about what interests me at univeristy, and about projects I had done.

I was travelling at the start of the internship program, though the reason listed for not getting the position was lack of experience