Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,365 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2018.

Interview

The application consisted of three essays which were all generic HR questions. Then they sent me a three part, three hour coding challenge that involved 2d lists and an optimization problem.

Deployment Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2018.

Interview

Had a phone screen with an international recruiter, and proceeded to a Zoom interview with a Deployment Strategist. Was told that they were looking for someone with more practical analytical experience.

The second round of interviews was rather tough. The interviewer picked on one analytical project I had worked on and centered the entire interview around it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most analytical project you worked on.

If you could redo the project, what language would you use and why?   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC) in October 2018.

Interview

The interviews themselves were what you would expect from a data oriented product role. The process, however, was fairly confusing and slow. Twice I didn't hear back for over a week, and had to remind them that I was waiting. Weird!

Interview Questions

• Given 100 million dollars, what problem would you solve in the world and how?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in October 2018.

Interview

conversation with HR who was very nice and helpful. Then got a link to an online coding challenge, three hour long. The process was generally good and well organized.

Interview Questions

• Q: use floodFill to return the number of fires in a forest of trees and stones   Answer Question
    • Q: optimization question - where to place firefighters in the forest to tackle fires efficiently?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter over email, got a phone screen with a pretty simple algorithm question, then an onsite

Overall, everyone was very nice and responsive. Only bizarre thing was that after my 3 scheduled onsite interviews, I had an additional interview with a hiring manager where they mentioned they were going to consider me for the product engineer position rather than forward-deployed (which is what I wanted).

I'm a bit confused why they had me meet with a hiring manager (which not everyone did) and moved around my application just to reject me.

Interview Questions

• 1 systems design, 1 algorithm, 1 for debugging & optimizing an existing codebase   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn and the HR sent a hackerank assessment. Completed the assessment. My code had passed all the test cases successfully.
    After that, I was asked for a 30-minute slot to talk to the recruiter. It went well with questions as expected. At the end of the call, he told me that they will review my resume and get back to me.
    Seriously? Have some courtesy to review the resume before sending the test. The coding test is 2 hour long and I had to reschedule my work for the call with the recruiter. And after reviewing my resume the recruiter sends an email to me telling that they are not moving forward. I am a fresh graduate and do not have experience apart from internships. That could be a reason for rejection. But don't they know that before sending the test? A complete waste of time. Very unprofessional HR team. I would never consider working at this place.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Remote, OR) in September 2018.

Interview

First round: Online Assessment(Passed), Didn't pass all the test cases but still got a phone interview from HR.
    Second Round: HR phone interview(Failed). Scheduled after the finished the online assessment(3 days). After 3 days, I received the rejected email from HR.
    Third Round: Technical Interview
    Forth Round: Onsite Interview

Interview Questions

• HR phone interview:
      Behavior Question.
      Familiar with your internship experience.
      Why do you leave previous company?
      Why do you pursue your current major?
      Do you have any other interviews?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I did an online coding test sent form Palantir after my applying. It's a programming problem and it's very difficult, I didn't pass all the test cases, but I past majority of them. The next day, an hr contact me and want to give me a hr talking interview. We chat on the phone, and asked me a lot of behavior questions. I answered not very fluently. And that hr told me will send my resume to the teams, they will see if there is good fit. And after two days, I got a thank you letter.

Interview Questions

• Do you like the company that you did your internship? What kinds of things you like or dislike?
      Any specific example? Did you got a return offer?   1 Answer

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC) in September 2018.

Interview

Algorithm questions were fairly straightforward, and the employees I met were splendid. Their DC office is very nice. But I didn't have enough work experience for what they were looking for.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

I received a 90 minute HackerRank assessment, which I completed. Didn't need to pass all of the tests to pass thar stage and receive a "real" interview, but I'm still waiting to hear back despite developing a thorough solution to the challenge