Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,365 Interview Reviews

3.2

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Phone screen with a hiring manager for cultural fit. Onsite consisted of 5 rounds. 2 leetcode medium questions, 1 practical app, 1 behavioral portion. Everyone was very professional and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Build a simple react app (or any framework/language of your choice)   Answer Question

Deployment Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and tedious. I got the sense that the recruiter did not really know what the job entailed, or how to recruit for it. I did not get the job and am happy I didn't.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in August 2018.

Interview

Started with a recruiter phone screen. She was late to our calls by 15-20 minutes consistently. Moved on to a technical phone interview, again caller was late. A week later the recruiter followed up with an on-site date. They covered transport/hotel/meals. Had 3 in-person interviews. No lunch was provided even though we were promised lunch and were there all day. Another week later the recruiter followed up saying that they cannot continue. I do not understand why there were such long delays when the recruiter had said they would have feedback ready the following day.

Interview Questions

• Given dependencies, proper order to build system.   Answer Question
    • All solutions to n_1 + ... + n_m = k, given m and k   2 Answers

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for a software engineering internship for the Fall of 2018.

Rounds:

Recruiter phone chat: Make sure you can answer why you want to work at Palantir in depth. Some people can get rejected at this round.

Coding challenge: Detecting Contractor Fraud. You do not need to pass all test cases to advance, I passed 17/22. Long question but not difficult in terms of algorithms. String parsing.

Technical phone screen: Behavioural and technical question related to implementing a custom comparator. Lots of discussion about trade offs of the code. Did not need to run code.

Onsite: Three interviews. Systems design, bug bash, technical algorithmic question. All open-ended questions, enjoyed the interview. My interviews were followed by a product demo then meeting with the hiring manager.

I ended up not getting the offer and I suspect it’s because I wasn’t enthusiastic enough about the Palantir mission during my hiring manager interview. Overall positive experience, got a good impression of Palantir and will re interview next year.

One thing I want to note about Palantir is that they are very flexible with you choosing the location, ie: NYC, Palo Alto, London which is great.

Interview Questions

• Why Palantir?   Answer Question
    • Design an in-app customer support system for Palantir clients. Talked in depth about the requirements and user interface.   Answer Question

Proposal & Capture Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in August 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with a current employee in the same role, which lasted around 30 minutes. Then I was invited to complete a writing exercise which I was given 24 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Pitch Palantir to someone that you're sharing an elevator with for the duration of an elevator ride   Answer Question
    • In 1978, someone was locked away from the world in a cave, and today they emerged. Explain to them what these glowing rectangles (smartphones) are   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Applied by answering their online essay questions and prepped for taking a technical interview. Interviewer went straight into it, didn’t offer much communication about strategy/talking through the question. Didn’t give any feedback and was told no about a week after. Have heard they’re really tough

Forward Deployed Engineer () Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter cold emailed me and asked me to do a Hackerrank. After that it was one technical phone screen, two hr phone calls (the second was more like a check in from the recruiter after my onsite had already been fixed), and a 3 round onsite. The questions were fair but I thought the process was extremely drawn out and they don't actually follow up if you get rejected. Very much a time suck, don't think I would have taken the offer even if I got one

Interview Questions

• The hackerrank is pretty well known at this point, catching an insider trainer   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The internal recruiters were fine to with. They were clear, communicative and painted a much more positive picture of the company than what actually exists. The req I was going for originally no longer was available due to internal shifting, but I was asked to go for another EA opp, supporting the Chief of Staff. Being a career EA in tech, and working across many different personalities, the person I met with was one of the most unreasonable, unengaged, straight up mean person I’ve ever interviewed with. The office was depressing, barely anyone around and crickets. It wasn’t that stylish or comfortable. A blank space with blank faces typing away. The must human part of the interaction was with security, who were at least somewhat friendly.

Interview Questions

• “Tell me about yourself. I’m a short interviewer, so cutting to the chase.”   Answer Question

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process involved case studies and high level conceptual questions. There was a cultural component too, which was meant to assess fit. Overall, there were many interviewers and a lot of assessment of thinking process, reasoning, analytical abilities. A hybrid technology focus that was a mix of standard interview questions with specific case studies.

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Online initial pair programming test and an on-site interview whiteboard programming puzzles. The puzzles are typical questions that you can find on leetcode, hacker rank etc. easy to medium level.