Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

3.3

FDE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Very professional. Good questions during the interview. Was a bit longer and more pretentious than needed because they like to shroud themselves with a shroud of mystery and mythology. The interview with a co-founder was a very good surprise.

Senior Business Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

Incredibly Lengthy process; had multiple interviews with members of the team located all over the world and then was given a written exercise; ended up pulling out of the process because I didn't think it was a fit for me

Interview Questions

• Straightforward behavioral interview questions about experience and interest in the company   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter from the NYC office. Initial communication was positive but it quickly became clear the only purpose for the interview was to conduct competitor research. The interview was extremely focused on particular details about one specific previous employer. I recieved a reject shortly after. Internal feedback was positive, as reviewed by a senior referrer.

It's really scummy that Palantir is using interviews to conduct corporate espionage. Be careful if you're interviewing there. Clearly Palantir is a company that does not have hiring ethics listed in their corporate culture dictionary.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Pretty standard. Phone screen then phone interview then Onsite. Three interviews onsite. Everything went very well, though. My recruiter was friendly, the interviewers were friendly. Everyone understood how difficult the process is. They were willing to work with me.

Communications Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I was really excited about interviewing with Palantir, but was disappointed with how the interview went. (I did prepare by doing research, mock interviews, etc.) For instance, I asked if they could tell me about the culture, and they immediately replied that they didn't even understand what that question means. Although I went on to explain, their response told me a lot :-(.

The interview was over the phone, which can be notoriously difficult to establish rapport. However, establishing rapport is an effort made by both sides.

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC).

Interview

applied online, did a coding challenge, then a coding phone interview, and then an onsite at the DC office. The recruiters were very nice and responsive to any questions. Learned a lot about the company culture and mission through the onsite, which consisted of 2 coding interviews, 2 decomp interviews, a product demo, and a talk with the hiring manager. Didn't have any experience with system design and thus didn't get offer. But the recruiter was kind enough to call and give feedback on what went well and what didn't, which I really appreciate. Overall a great experience, would definitely apply again.

Interview Questions

• problem solving is key, know some system design, be prepared to talk about your resume and background   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

First round phone screen with recruiter, quick 30 min interview - reviewed background, why leaving company X, why Palantir, if you were CEO of company X what would you change. Second phone screen with deployment strategist with a quantitative backgound who was pleasant enough but started the call 10 min late and had standard questions prepared (listed below)

Interview Questions

• Describe a seminal event that changed/impacted how you think.   Answer Question
    • Benford's Law - when you map the leading digit of all the data in the world into a histogram from 1-9, there are much more that map to a 1,2 in comparison to a 8,9 - why?   1 Answer

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Get approached on LinkedIn by a recruiter. Then portfolio review. Then a design challenge. Then a an on-site. I get rejected after the design challenge which is a timed 90 mins one following by a review with designer.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Durham, NC).

Interview

The interviewer briefly introduced the company and his group. He then asked several basic machine learning problems and whether I have any questions about them. The interview takes around 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Assume that you have a set of data with millions of features and do logistic regression. You find hundreds of features are highly correlated to the label. What do you need to do?   1 Answer
    • How to split training/validation/testing data.   Answer Question

Communications Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had previously contracted for the company and so I applied through internal references. I sent my resume before Thanksgiving and was asked to submit two writing samples in December.

After the two samples were reviewed, I was told I would have a phone interview with someone on the team, which was held several weeks later, in January.

The very same day as the phone interview I was asked to do an online writing and design challenge, which I took as good news due to how fast they got back to me.

The allotted time for the online challenge was two hours, but it took me more like three hours to complete.

I didn't hear anything back for over two weeks, then over the following weekend I got a very generic "Thank you for your interest" rejection email, the very same type of email you'd get if you had applied and never spoken to anyone.

I would have hoped to learn a bit more after being in touch for so many months.