Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,365 Interview Reviews

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Tysons, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and was contacted by a recruiter a day later. We had a 30-40 min phone call where the interviewer asked basic interview questions and asked about my interests. The recruiter thought that I would be a good fit for the deployment strategist role.

A few days later I had a phone interview with a deployment strategist. The interviewer focused on why I thought my background would be a good fit for the position, where I saw myself in 5 years, and my strengths and weaknesses. The interviewer also asked about any problems that I'd noticed with Palantir and how they could be fixed. The interview would have been challenging but I have a lot of experience interviewing and am prepared for almost all questions.

A few days later my recruiter reached out to set up an office interview. In preparation, I tried to learn as much as I could about Palantir through introductory videos. I covered the Object Model, Dynamic Ontologies, etc. A week and a half after that I went to Palantir in Tysons Corner where I interviewed with 3 people over the course of a morning. My first interview focused (again) on my previous experience and how it would be useful at Palantir. The interviewer also asked some general questions about how I would address difficult client situations. The second interview was a video conference. The interviewer did not seem very interested in the interview and I felt uncomfortable. He asked how I would model two different but related data sets. My answer focused on the Object Model and how there are objects, properties, and relationships that you can change depending on what the client is trying to find. My third interviewer asked more about my background, gave me a hypothetical about how to gather data during an emergency situation, and then asked me about superpowers. At the end of the interview, the recruiter told me they would get back to me within a week.

A few days later my recruiter called and asked how I thought the interview went. I think this was a tactic for Palantir to buy time. The conversation ended with the recruiter saying they would get back to me in another week or so.

After more than a week passed, I reached out. They told me they hoped to have feedback on my interview later that day, but they didn't. It seemed quite disorganized. Eventually, they told me that I would not be moving forward because I did not do a good job answering the modeling question. They then praised the rest of my interview and told me to reapply in 9-12 months. While I'm sure I could have given a better answer to the modeling question, I do not think I gave a terrible answer and it seems foolish for a company to not hire someone based on something that they say they will teach you in training. It makes me wonder if that was just their excuse (especially since many of these interview posts say they did not get an offer because of a modeling/technical question) or if something else was going on, and I wish that HR would just be honest (potential lawsuits aside). I was also frustrated with the non-response that I received about what I would need to improve my interview and technical answers if I were to reapply in 9-12 months.

Interview Questions

• How would go about acquiring data from different entities during an emergency (like a storm)?   Answer Question

Content Strategist Interview

Interview

I didn't even get an interview, but Palantir sent an automatic email confirming receipt of my application, and a follow-up email the next business day letting me know that I wouldn't be getting an interview. That's a basic courtesy that I wish more companies would extend to applicants.

Interview Questions

• Note that the application form requires writing samples and an online portfolio.   Answer Question

Deployment Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The interview process for me started with a project, where I had to use the Palantir platform to solve a problem. Then I had several phone screens with Deployment Strategists at Palantir. After the phone screens, there was an on-site visit, where I was interviewed by other Deployment Strategists along with individuals in Business Development and Engineering. Although the on-site interviews were much more difficult than the phone screens, most of the questions were very interesting and intellectually stimulating. Overall positive experience.

Growth Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

After Palantir reached out directly to me, I went through a week long submission process where I was granted a secondary phone interview. Only, they didn't show up for the call. When I tried to follow up on the no-show, it took them 3 days to respond, with a one liner that they had decided they no longer wanted to interview me.

When I asked for simple feedback, they refused. Not policy.

I don't mind the rejection, but have some courtesy. After 10 years experience working for Fortune 500s and start ups alike, I have learned that any company that doesn't care enough to send a simple email isn't one you should work for.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a terrible experience interviewing with Palantir in April of 2015. The turnaround time for scheduling interviews was super quick but the level of engagement on the part of my interviewers did not match up. I had one phone screen that went okay and was soon scheduled for another one. Both times, the interviewers did not seem to care about anything I had to say. They asked a lot of the same questions as each other and were clearly going off of a script. They didn't dig deeper into my answers at all and it was hard to tell what their feedback was.

After I had my second interview, I never heard back from the recruiter. I would have appreciated some sort of follow up email so I wasn't left hanging.

I ended up accepting an offer at another tech company and had a much better recruiting experience there than I did with Palantir.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

First I got a phone call from a recruiter, where I got asked questions about my background and an easy brainteaser ( see below). Then I was invited to a Skype video chat with an employee at Palantir.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the hiring process more efficient at Google (in terms of time consumption for engineers) ? What is your weakness ?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Online code test using an online IDE. Easy programming assignment. In a week, phone interview, they went over my resume. In a week they ask me to visit them in NYC. Booked a hotel for the night before. Interview were 5 end to end meetings. 1) discuss some of their products. 2) algorithms 3) code review and bug hunt 4) design 5) a more difficult algorithms question, with whiteboard. I was also asked about my research.

Interview Questions

• Think about a board game of our choice and sketch a high level architecture design.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Found representative at a info session at my university. Gave them my resume. They emailed me to take a quick coding challenge on Hanckerrank. It was really easy. Then they scheduled a phone interview. Used codepair. Pretty intense.

Interview Questions

• Capitalize first letter of each word in a sentence   Answer Question
    • Find strongly connected components in a graph (use DFS or BFS)   1 Answer

Forward Deployed Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

Interview

Had a phone screen, then onsites. They flew me out to Palo Alto and put me in a nice hotel. Onsite was very great, at the time they were doing 6 interviews, and I found out that I was accepted the next morning. The day felt a bit long, but the lunch in the middle was a good break and the interviews themselves were very relaxing. Questions were tough, but not artificially so

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite technical problem you overcame (not hardest, favorite)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. After a couple of brief phone conversations, they set up a Skype call with two team members. They missed our scheduled call without so much as an apology email, so had my radar up then. After rescheduling, they had a call, with rather typical questions. 2 weeks later, I heard from a recruiter they were not continuing anymore.