Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,363 Interview Reviews

3.2

Mission Operations Engineering Interview

Interview

Contacted recruiter, had a screening call, then interviewed with Mission Operations team. Interviewers browsed through resume and were looking for specific skills like experience in go and java development. This was not clear until the interview with the team. Looking through the team members profiles on Linkedin and reading about their blog posts gave some useful insight as to what skills are desirable.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC) in February 2019.

Interview

Position was local in their Georgetown office. The process overall was not much different than other companies, but there were some troubling oddities. Despite their reputation for hard interviews, this was an average experience. Recruiter reached out to me, did a phone screen with someone from California, then someone from the UK called to do interview prep for an on-site, then came the on-site. I met with four different engineers separately who all asked similar questions. I had to whiteboard a solution to a problem, was pounded with Linux cli questions like a contestant on Jeopardy, and had to describe various "what would you do" scenarios.

As for the oddities...For starters, they kept pushing an attitude of "We're the greatest company ever. Be honored we reached out to you." You can see this in their literature, their phone screens, and even the front desk greeter. I never even heard of Palantir before the recruiter reached out to me, and the first three news search results online were related to diversity problems, gender discrimination, and public trust issues surrounding misuse of personal data. I was very uncomfortable when they insisted they take a photo of me for my "candidate profile". When I left, they told me to keep the ID badge and gave me a Palantir-branded packet with Palantir paper and pens inside. In the end, they declined an offer saying I wasn't experienced enough even though I possess a number of relevant high-level certifications, a security clearance, and a lengthy track record of success working for the best companies in technology. I was not disappointed because they left an uninspiring impression, and I would not have accepted the position if offered.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between RAID 0 and RAID 5 and when would use choose one vs the other?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and messaged recruiter on linkedin. They got back promptly and asked to complete a coding challenge on hackerrank. Challenge was technically easy but was a time crunch. Next they asked for a behavioral interview. This did not go well for me, since they asked very pointed questions.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Shortly after received a Hackerrank challenge. A month after that I heard back. Had a 45 min technical phone interview (spent some time explaining Palantir and learning about me). Invited to on-sites. Very nice, but company felt very secretive. Always had someone watching over me.

Interview Questions

• Graph theory question, write a Stack based calculator, write a KD tree, design an application for employees to meet each other, debug an existing codebase   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a recruiter, and then within about a week I had a phone screen scheduled. The interviewer was really nice, the problems were of average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• There were many behavioral questions for about 20 min then one tech question (which I ran out of time on).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

So far so good, I'm only to the technical phone screen, but the recruiter has been very enthusiastic. I have a technical call soon that I'm studying for, but I hear the interview questions are hard and stressful.

Interview Questions

• What have you worked on in the past   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

Iwas called and screened by a recruited from Palantir. They setup two interviews that were fairly difficult. When I went into the NYC office there was not a place to put my coat so I carried it around the entire time. The office space is amazing. The lunch looked great! I was very excited about the opportunity. I had phone, video, and in person interviews and was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What was a failure you had and how did you learn from this failure?   Answer Question

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

The process took around a month. Reached out by the recruiter via LinkedIn. Took the Hacker rank challenge and passed 8/11 test cases. I am assuming they care more about the structure and your approach rather than the correctness. After that I had a phone call with recruiter, where she went over general behavioral questions followed by a technical phone interview with an engineer. The technical question was not bad, it was an easier form of UTF-8 encoding problem on leet code. Then I was invited to the onsite interview, which had 3 rounds: algorithms, system-design/open-ended, and debugging. The first round was a bit challenging, and I took a couple hints to come to the most efficient solution, which might have been why Palantir did not move forward with me. Second round was an open ended problem and the goal is to cover the problem in as much depth as possible, which was easy in my opinion. Third round was debugging and they try to see your approach and how accurately and efficiently you fix the bad part of the code.

Interview Questions

• Signed NDA, but the problems were not really hard in my case. Leetcode mediums   1 Answer

Product Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and was quickly contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone call with a recruiter describing the role, company, and interview process. Was sent links to prepare for phone interview, which consists of a diagnosis situation. Then had a phone skills assessment. Received notice a few days later that they would not continue with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• A customer receives a server error when she enters her username and password into the Palantir system. Role-play as Product Support and diagnose this error with the customer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Fairly standard process which consisted of a coding challenge, behavioral phone interview, and technical phone interview through CodePair. Both interviewers were laid back and helpful. I didn't make it past the technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Determine if an mxn matrix is a valid crossword puzzle.   Answer Question