Palantir Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palantir Technologies

1,363 Interview Reviews

3.2

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Fairly standard process which consisted of a coding challenge, behavioral phone interview, and technical phone interview through CodePair. Both interviewers were laid back and helpful. I didn't make it past the technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Determine if an mxn matrix is a valid crossword puzzle.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC) in January 2019.

Interview

Written portion followed by online coding project followed by in-person interview. The written portion was answering 3 questions, the online coding was limited at 3 hours and you had to complete two different problems. I never made it to the last round.

Interview Questions

• I found the coding problems to be quite difficult and while this specifici internship was designed towards students without much experience, it was obvious you needed to have a lot.   Answer Question

Leverage Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Honestly, the entire process was way too long and felt disorganized and opaque – I had a couple of calls before going on-site, then some more video interviews afterwards. I was never asked if I had competing offers or what my timeline looked like. At least, the on-site experience was excellent (and they put you in very nice accommodations). I left each interview, feeling like it had been a good conversation (nothing out of the ordinary – behavioral questions, discussing your background, etc.). It was interesting hearing from different team members, but after a while, it didn't feel like anything new was being discussed/was quite redundant. That's why it was not only disappointing, but just plain perplexing when it ultimately didn't work out.

Felt like the process was disrespectful of my time, but also of all of the interviewers... I understand that Palantir's hiring process is more dynamic/customized to the candidate, but this felt excessive and like a huge time/investment sink. It kind of felt like they didn't really know what they were looking for and that the hiring stakeholders/interviewers were not on the same page. It could be that the priorities for the commercial side of the business (and less technical roles, especially) are still being iterated on, but it felt rather misleading as a candidate to be given a description of what they'e looking for, feel like you effectively convey that you fit that profile and get seemingly positive confirmation throughout the interviews, only to be ultimately rejected.

As much as I'm interested in Palantir, it's hard not to extrapolate the convoluted process to how they treat talent (both current and prospective) and to let it color my impression of the company as a whole. Definitely something they can work on.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions (strengths, weaknesses, projects you've worked on, working with people you disagree with, why Palantir, etc.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Applied online, was emailed by recruiter to take an online coding test. Test was about 2hrs in length, one problem. Had a phone screen after the test and then was rejected.

Product Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

They were very professional, responsive, and supportive. I had a phone interview, a 2-hour onsite interview, a second phone interview, an online test, and a four hour site visit.

People Partner Interview

Interview

I wish I had more to write here but it's not every day you get ghosted on by a recruiter. They reach out to you and then go silent..

Hard pass.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

3 interviews in DC. Questions were fair, but required a lot of thinking. Be prepared. They let you code using your own IDE, which is very nice. They give you food and pay for everything.

Interview Questions

• 3 types of questions. They give you info on what to prep.   Answer Question

Path Interview

Interview

1) Written Application
    2) Hackerrank - It was mostly pretty basic, but the last question was challenging
    3) Phone Call
    4) On Site - Everyone at the company was pretty nice, but because it was three interviews in a row, it was kind of stressful

Forward Deployed Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Washington, DC) in November 2018.

Interview

1.) Received a link to do an online HackerRank problem. The problem statement was long, but not terribly difficult.
    2.) 4 weeks pass with no response. I reached out to my recruiter asking if there would be further steps and got a interview with a recruiter set up for a week later. Standard behavioral questions, with an emphasis on why Palantir.
    3.) Had a technical phone screen set up for a week later. The interviewer mistakingly called me a day early but was apologetic and we still proceeded with the interview the next day. Pretty simple array and string parsing question through HackerRank codepair.
    4.) Things got a bit weird. I sent a message indicating that I had offer deadlines in a few weeks and received a rejection about an hour later. Then I got a call later saying it would be tough to work with my deadlines but they would still like me to do an on-site, so we scheduled one for 10 days later.
    5.) On-site was done very well (I interviewed in DC). Meals are generously taken care of and the hotel was lovely. The interviews consisted of 3 technical interviews: a problem solving (i.e leetcode/HackerRank-style) question, then a debugging session on a laptop, then a decomp interview, followed by a product demo. After the product demo, I was kept for a final interview with a hiring manager that was a more ‘real-world’ problem solving question. I felt very confident at this point.
    6.) This was easily the worst part about the process. I received a call about a week later asking for another interview with a hiring manager for their NY office. I was told this would be mostly behavioral with some small problem solving portion. Then I got an email twenty minutes later asking if I could interview in twenty minutes. So 45 minutes from when I received the call, I was interviewing again. The first twenty minutes were as expected with behavioral questions, but then we did 45 minutes worth of an in-depth technical question that was more difficult than what I had seen on-site. At this point I felt as though my time was disregarded and that I was misled on the interview content. Needless to say, it left a bad taste in my mouth about Palantir’s hiring process.
    6.) Received a rejection call the next day.

Overall, the process was drawn out and, while alright during the middle phases, felt disrespectful towards the end.

Deployment Strategist, New Grad Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview process at Palantir is carefully designed to accept only those people who are the right candidate for the role and company. The only type of person that will make it through this process is someone who is naturally intelligent, passionate about working for the company and is well prepared. If you lack any of these qualities the interviewers will see through it and reject you. If you are someone who genuinely wants to work on the problems that Palantir deals with, and have put in the time/effort to build up the required experience and knowledge, there is no reason why you cannot get an offer. The recruiters are extremely helpful and accommodating. Personally, I don't understand the negative reviews on here, the interview process was by far the most interesting and organized I have experienced at any big tech company.

Interview Questions

• Customer X has this type of data, how would you use it to add value to their business?   Answer Question
    • All relevant questions already mentioned here just read through the glassdoor reviews.   Answer Question