Palantir Technologies Product Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palantir Technologies Product Quality Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first will talk about the company and your resume. After that, will give an emial to schedule a time for the sceond interview. then the second interview are all about the technical questions

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in March 2015.

Interview

There were 2 phone interviews and 3 interviews on site before lunch and a demonstration.

The first phone interviewer asked what feature I would add to a vending machine and how I would test it. The second phone interviewer showed me some pseudo code and asked me to add a feature to it. They asked three questions onsite, one in each interview. The first interviewer asked me to pretend like the interviewer was an old grandma having trouble logging in. The second interviewer asked me how I would test a magic box from Calvin and Hobbes. The third interviewer asked me how I would deploy iPhones in Africa for education.

In the end I did not get an offer. They said it was because there was not enough communication in my interviews. I think with that standard, the only candidates they are screening out are the ones who are terrified of interviewing. For a company that prides itself on its technical talent, Palantir has very strange interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was the one asking how I would deploy iPhones to Africa for education.   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

The process began with a quick thirty minute phone screening, and I was then moved on to phone interviews. The first was more of a critical thinking interview and the second was more technical in nature.

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

After a company visit, followed up with one of the recruiters and scheduled a phone call. She was very friendly and helpful and asked a pretty basic technical question, but other than that was more focused on helping me understand the position. As a not exceptional sophomore, she truthfully told me my chances were slim.

Interview Questions

• Asked an algorithms question something like how to remove duplicates in a list of numbers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1 informative phone screen, 1 technical phone screen, 3 onsite 1-hour interviews. After two of the on site interviews, you have a lunch with an employee who lets you ask and answer questions about the company. The phone interviews are what you'd expect from a technology company. The on sites were a mixture of coding challenges and automation and testing theory.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of ints where all values are duplicated except for one, find the value of the element that isn't duplicated. (e.g. [1, 3, 5, 6, 3, 1, 6] would return 5)   1 Answer

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Through On-Campus Career fair. They answered some basic questions about Palantir and its products. A week later I got an email from an HR personnel stating the recruiters from the career fair had forwarded my resume to them and thought had good potential for the role. First round was by the HR personnel and I was asked two questions: (1) how would you test a blender? (2) how would you find a repeating number in an array? I cleared this and was set up for a technical interview with a Product Quality Engineer. The interview consisted of two questions again (1) How would you test a website? and (2) Given a number how would you find out if it was a palindrome or not. The interviewer was quite nice and encouraged me when I was in going the right way. Third interview was rather unexpected. The interviewer questioned my interest in programming. Then asked me two questions (1) how I would make a server architecture for a dictionary, how many servers would be involved and what problems could be perceived, (and stressed on computer architecture for this case). I was also asked to follow up on the palindrome question, (2) given an array, how would you find the largest palindrome? with better efficiency?

Interview Questions

• how you would make a server architecture for a dictionary, how many servers would be involved and what problems could be perceived?   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed with them for an intern position the first year of college, also my first year of coding. The questions they asked were pretty straightforward and didn't have a problem with it. It's a phone interview but they're very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I shot my resume into Palantir's job portal on a Thursday night and heard back from a recruiter <24 hours later. I was quite impressed by how it's not a black hole.

Schedule was as follows; I always heard back for the next steps within one week.

Recruiter phone screen: Wednesday

1st phone interview request: Thursday
    Phone interview with PQE: Wednesday

2nd phone interview request: Tuesday
    Phone interview with PQE: Friday

Invitation for on-site interview: Monday
    On-site interview: Friday
    Phone call from recruiter with no offer: Wednesday

The on-site interview consisted of a brief check-in with the recruiter, three 1:1 45-minute interviews with PQEs in the morning, lunch and office tour with two PQEs, then a product demo (which started late that day due to technical difficulties, so the other candidates and I were left waiting in the lobby for maybe 20 minutes). I was pulled out of the demo early to interview with a fourth PQE. After this, the recruiter came, gave me a T-shirt, and told me she would call me next week with an update. In total, I was on-site from 10am - 4pm.

No luck this time in getting a job offer. I still had a positive experience interviewing, though. The recruiter was timely in her responses, the employees I met seemed happy with their work, everyone who interviewed me gave me their undivided attention. I enjoyed the office tour -- I requested to see all the dogs, and my tour guide happily obliged. :)

Interview Questions

• All interviews began with behavioral/fit questions, led into a technical question (test some physical object or program, write a function), and ended with "Do you have any questions for me?" To be honest, I thought the questions were fair and not too difficult. I suppose my answers didn't stand out enough compared to other interviewers, though.   1 Answer

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

1 HR interview and Two technical screening phone interviews and then an onsite. First phone was testing based questions like, how do you test browser installation process. The second one was implement an algorithm to return a boolean if there are duplicate characters in an array and its performance.
    I am still not sure why I did not get it. Anyways, Explain the code better, as they might not share the screen to see what code have you written.

Interview Questions

• algorithm to return true or false, based on the repetition of characters in an array.   Answer Question

Product Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in April 2014.

Interview

two interviews.
    1) How would you test a blender. How do you find the repeat in an array of integers. Also asked why you want the position you want. Do you know what palantir does?
    2) Test a spotify / pandora. Why do you want to work for palantir. They also asked if you have any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• probably the spotify/pandora testing since it was just me talking about testing and asking for clarifications   Answer Question