Palantir Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palantir Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions

3.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview. I talked with one engineer at the career fair. He asked me a simple question of valid parentheses. And I was scheduled a interview the next. The interview only lasted for 30 minutes. He did't ask me any behavior questions. Just let me solve a algorithm problem on whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Given an entry node of an undirected graph, determine if there is an cycle in the graph.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by multiple on site interviews; each on site interview tested a different skill area, ranging from system design to basic algorithm questions. I had a feeling the interviewers didn't really know what they were doing when they asked me questions, and were frustrated when I didn't respond to a vague statement they made exactly how they wanted me to

Interview Questions

• how do you tell if two strings are anagrams of each other in linear time   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Online code test using an online IDE. Easy programming assignment. In a week, phone interview, they went over my resume. In a week they ask me to visit them in NYC. Booked a hotel for the night before. Interview were 5 end to end meetings. 1) discuss some of their products. 2) algorithms 3) code review and bug hunt 4) design 5) a more difficult algorithms question, with whiteboard. I was also asked about my research.

Interview Questions

• Think about a board game of our choice and sketch a high level architecture design.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I applied online. Then I was asked to do an online challenge with 90 min. It was a bit difficulty. It was about the "magic box". Then I was moved on. I received a email to get a phone interview. The interview used the hackrank.

Interview Questions

• The question is very famous about the merge intervals.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

Can't remember first interview, standard coding tests. Secondary interview was in office, with four people. Various questions asked, usually coding/algorithms. Pretty basic things, know the runtime of your algorithms, make sure everything is in smallest big O possible.

Sample questions were: correct a series of code,
    Find the largest algorithmic progression
    Regular palindrome shenanigans
    Some coding question that was effectively "Merge Two Sorted lists"

Interview Questions

• Disjoint algorithmic progression: given a set of numbers in no given order, find the longest algorithmic progression, assuming you can skip items as you desire.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

About 1 month after dropping resume at career fair, got an email asking me to take an only coding assessment. A sample problem in their test environment is provided.
    Given a problem, code an answer in your language of choice in 100 minutes.
    It was pretty impersonal. Make sure you try the sample problem and get the I/O for that working before attempting the actual question.

Interview Questions

• The given question was a standard algorithms question, however, I had not been exposed to the material before so it was fairly confusing for me. Leave plenty of time to debug, and don't overthink your approach. There are time/memory limits, but getting the problem itself done in time is most important.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in July 2012.

Interview

One Telephonic Round followed by onsite round. Includes 4 rounds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

I was asked a bunch of algorithm questions about algorithms. They asked me to solve three problems and for each one I had to give the run time of the algorithm. I took the interview before taking any algorithms class so I did my best to answer.

Interview Questions

• How to sort a really big number of integers if you only have a buffer of size 100   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

Hackerank coding challenge and after that phone screen with one of their engineers (skype and codeshare).
    After that haven't hear from them in a while. Received call saying positions are already filled.

Interview Questions

• Implement interpreter for stack-based machine with commands like push, pop, add, sub....   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

I was asked by the HR to complete a coding test powered by InterviewStreet. It was not too hard and managed to solve the problem in the time limit.
    After this, I had a telephonic interview with a developer. It sounded like he was eating during the interview. I was a little shocked. But, the interview was fine. I was asked two coding questions which I had to write on Google Docs.

Interview Questions

• It was a weird kind of sort on a list of numbers based on frequency.   Answer Question