Palantir Technologies Software Development Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palantir Technologies Software Development Intern Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies.

Interview

On site interview. Failed this one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

First interview was a typical phone interview with some basic questions about hashing, bst etc
    Second round was an online coding round. I was asked to implement some basic algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Preorder traversal without recursion   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Please be as detailed as possible - everything from your initial communications with the company, organization and planning of the interview, number and type of interviews, and any advice you might offer to other interview candidates. Bonus points for your perceptions of the people, office, and work culture.

Interview Questions

• Given a bag of nuts and a bag of bolts, each having a different size within a bag but exactly one match in the other bag, give a fast algorithm to find all matches.   4 Answers

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in January 2012.

Interview

I dropped my resume off at the career fair and was contacted by a recruiter. She set up a phone interview and had a 45 min technical phone interview with one of the engineers. The questions were pretty straight forward, but they focused more on algorithm design and thinking of efficient solutions, no coding for this interview. I wasn't too thrilled with the interviewer, because he seemed to be in a rush just to get the interview done and over with. Even when I initially asked questions about his job, what he was working on, etc, he spoke quickly and wanted to move onto the technical part asap. My impression is that these are smart people, but maybe too boxed into work for me.

Interview Questions

• Given a Fibonacci number, tell us which index it occurs at. (Ex: input = 2, output = 3)   1 Answer

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2010.

Interview

A bit disorganized. First the recruiter called me to ask dumb questions to see whether I could program or not (what is a stack? a queue? a hashtable). She was about an hour and a half late in calling, which was annoying. Then I had two phone interviews.
    The first interviewer asked a lot of the same question: How can you efficiently find 3 numbers in an array that sum to 0? 4 numbers? 5 numbers? 6 numbers? My brain was bogged down by so many of the same question... haha. Then he asked how I would find a subarray that summed to zero (elements must be contiguous). After that he asked me to describe a "polynomial" time solution to subset sum (which is just dynamic programming). Interviewer was really interested and helpful.
    Second phone interviewer didn't even know it was my second interview. Asked me how I would design an efficient sort for an array, given that every element was at most k positions away from its final sorted position. I didn't know what he was asking at first so I fumbled a lot. I got a good answer in the end but I guess I was too slow.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of n integers find 3 that sum to zero.
      ...4 that sum to zero.
      ...5 that sum to zero.
      ...6 that sum to zero.   Answer Question
    • Find a subarray that sums to zero (elements must be contiguous).   Answer Question
    • Give an efficient solution for subset sum.   1 Answer
    • Given an array of n unsorted ints, with the condition that each number is at most k positions away from its final sorted position, give an efficient sorting algorithm.   3 Answers