Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palantir Technologies Software Engineer Internship Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

3.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

It began with a few phone screenings. Afterwards, I was given a coding challenge on HackerRank which wasn't too difficult. Finally, had an algorithm question, which I solved though not in the way the interviewer wanted.

Interview Questions

• Analyzing patterns in stock trading data to catch insider trading   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palantir Technologies

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Interview

Referred by a former intern, now would-be employee. Got an email from a recruiter a couple of weeks after that and was given an interview street online coding challenge about some graph problem. After solving it, the recruiter helps me set up an interview with another employee. Got a standard rejection email after that.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to find the best buying/selling strategy given a list of stock prices. Also "tell me more about yourself".   1 Answer

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

After contacted by recruiter, I was told to choose either to take an online challenge or to take traditional phone interviews. I chose online challenge.

Interview Questions

• Not very difficult. The typical rainfall question with an elevation matrix. You can find this question online. Some people have posted it before.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in January 2013.

Interview

They were very nice. It was just a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview question was given a grid of 9x9 sudoku with numbers filled in already, you have to check if it's a valid suoku.   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I initially spoke to people from the company via my college's career fair. I was asked technical questions during the career fair, after which, they set me up with an interview, which was a half hour long, consisting of one behavioral question and the rest technical questions on data structures and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Print the nodes of a complete binary tree in level order.   2 Answers

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2016.

Interview

I initially met a recruiter at a campus career fair and got a followup email a few days later to set up a phone call for introductions. They then set up a technical phone interview and I was sent several resources that outlined how the process would be. The interview was 45 minutes, pretty standard questions.

I was then notified I would be moved onto an onsite interview at their New York office. There was 3 different interviews, each was 30 minutes long. The first one was an algorithm based question where I explained my solution and then had to code on the interviewer's laptop to make sure my solution worked. The second was a software decomposition interview where I was given a broad task and had to break it down into sub-problems and explain how I would approach it. The last was a typical data structures algorithm question with coding on a whiteboard.

I heard back that same day that the interviews had gone well, but that there was going to be a final phone call with a recruiter to see if I was a "good fit." This seemed strange because normally a recruiter phone call happens first, especially before they invest in bringing me in for an onsite interview. The phone call was only about 15 minutes and I was told later that day that I didn't get the job. It seemed like a very drawn out process for such an anticlimactic ending.

Interview Questions

• You are designing an app to store recipes in to help you decide what to cook for dinner? What features would you want this app to have? How would you monetize it? What issues may arise if you wanted to release this app to a large user-base?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in November 2012.

Interview

Sent in a resume online and was contacted two days later to schedule a phone interview. It consisted of a few basic coding/knowledge based questions followed by a more challenging coding/algorithm question, which took me the rest of the time. I didn't do well - had a lot of hints from the interviewer, and twice declared my algorithm correct when it really wasn't. Was notified two days later that I wouldn't be continuing in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given a value in a binary search tree, write an algorithm that returns the next greatest value. The tree is assumed to contain the given value.   5 Answers

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palantir Technologies in February 2012.

Interview

Was quickly set up with a phone interview after applying online, the interviewer asked a variety of technical questions and asked me to tell him the code over the phone, plus the Big Oh time and space complexity. Their website has very good information on the process. However, it would have helped if they set up a google doc for coding as it's much more efficient than dictation.