Palmdale School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Palmdale School District

Substitute Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Palmdale School District.

Interview

Applied online with CBEST score, 1 letter of rec, resume and cover letter. I received a call the next day to interview that week. Went in for the interview where 2 credential analysts interviewed me for no more than 10 minutes. Afterwards, they asked me to wait outside the conference room so that they could make their decision. A few mins later they said I was hired and needed to start the process right then and there, it was so quick and I didn't really have much time to think about it. They gave me a quick orientation, a packet of information and then sent me to get a drug test.

Child Nutrition Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Palmdale School District (Palmdale, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was easy, just basic questions. About kids and food, basic math temperature skills and cleaning. Learning allergies and stocking and inventory. The interview last about fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an child became ill from the food you serve that day?   1 Answer

Paraeducator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palmdale School District (Palmdale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was in the office at the school location. The Principal and Vice Principal interviewed me. The interview went smoothly. The interviewers sat at a round table with me. They listened intently. They were responsive and made me feel less nervous.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Palmdale School District (Palmdale, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I submitted an application, resume, and supporting documents such as college transcripts, test-passing verification, recommendation letters, etc. I was then contacted and invited for an interview with the Certificated specialist. There might have been one more person that I interviewed with, but sadly, I don't remember that far back.

Interview Questions

• "You arrive at a classroom and there are no lesson plans. There are no other teachers in your grade available to ask about the curriculum, and the office isn't answering their phone. What do you do?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. They have a standing salary which is offered to all substitutes with a 30-day emergency credential.