Palo Alto Networks Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

2.5

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Terrible process from the start to the end. They do not show up prescheduled phone interviews. Their entire process is extremely disorganized. Interviewers plays with their phone during white board questions. This should give you a sense of work culture over there!

Interview Questions

• Nothing sophisticated. Not even sure, if they prepped questions for the interview or just ask a random question for the sake of asking.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palo Alto Networks

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

A phone interview to discuss projects on resume and some general machine learning questions, followed by an on-site interview on programming in Python, basic SQL queries, and data science design questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. What's the relationship between PCA and k-means clustering?
      2. What are the requirements for a matrix to represent a kernel? What happens if we run SVM using a 'kernel' that does not satisfy these requirements?
      3. Problems using Python lists and dictionaries
      4. SQL joins, aggregates (count, sum, avg), and cases
      5. If you were given a dataset with [X] features (may be numerical, categorial, etc.) and you want to build a model (to determine fraudulent transactions, say), how would you determine which features are best to use in the model?   1 Answer