Palo Alto Networks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palo Alto Networks Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone conversation with one of the leads which went pretty well. Next round was an onsite 2 hour technical test.

Extremely unprofessional company though. I followed up like a zillion times for feedback about the technical test. First couple times, recruiter said she had not received feedback from engineering team and will get back to me once it happens. But after waiting for 2 more weeks, tried reaching the recruiter again. Even recruiter was unreachable after that. Its been almost 4 weeks since the technical test but no feedback.

I would think a company this big would at least have the courtesy to provide a feedback even if it is negative to candidates. I would never ever apply to this company and never recommend anyone there either.

Interview Questions

• Creating a binary search tree from an array. Couple others were not that tough either.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Palo Alto Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was approached for the role. Interview was 1 phone conversation which was basic Java tuning questions, followed by onsite consisting of 5 rounds.
    The questions covered various topics like Coding to an interface, Selecting appropriate Data Structures for a specific problem, Web Application Scaling, Distributed Architecture.
    They went on to do the Background Check but did not give an offer even after everything was cleared. I reached out to them later to find out they are not moving ahead with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Parse a structured log file using appropriate data structure   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I had applied for this position online some time ago. A few weeks later company recruiter called to set up a phone interview with one of their developers. The interviewer didn't call on time, so I had to wait around. During the interview he asked what I would prefer to do? Bug fixing or development? I stated that I prefer to do development although I didn't say I was averse to bug-fixing because it is part of a SW developer. The interviewer then said that they were looking for a quick learner, someone to fix bugs. That came off as a little weird. Another thing that was weird was that after each answer, there was a long silence. I wanted to ask, "Are you there, sir?".

Interview Questions

• 1. What is the difference between a semaphore and a mutex?   1 Answer
    • 2. What is the difference between a BST and a hash table?   1 Answer
    • 3. What is Graceful Restart in OSPF?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process takes over 3 weeks. One phone interview with HR and one technique phone interview with one employee. One week later, on site interview with four engineers and 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• The previous work experience, python, SQL and some algorithm questions. The first interviewer is a little bit arrogant. From technique perspective, he is ok. At lease he state his question clearly and write down all the questions and give examples. The second one does not tell me all the required information clearly. For example, one of the question is used by google (how to store 1 million of integer number efficiently).The original question says the range of number is less than 4 million and the ram is 1 million. But the interviewer tells me the range is "int_max". The mem space required by bit map solution increases 1k times due to his change. How can I resolve it? Another interviewer questions me from very beginning. He said the senior soft engineer should be able to work independently. Can you work independently? do you have such experience? I already have ten years work experience and most of the companies are larger than this company. I do not know how to answer this stupid question. Whatever I say, it is just stupid.Then, he ask some questions which are some bugs he has encountered. I do not understand the background and say no. Besides, he asked some questions orally and do not give example. My solution of course has problems as the I do not know what is the table looks like in the database.   Answer Question