Palo Alto Networks Service Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Palo Alto Networks Service Account Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

4.0

Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Austin, TX).

Interview

I have not had such a weird (and difficult) interaction with a recruiter ever. Basically, we never connected. I was so happy and looking forward to getting an email about setting a screening call. Exchanged a few quick emails. Was expecting a call at 12pm CST two days later but missed it as it came 2 hrs early while I was in a meeting. She goofed up her calendar due to migration to new system, etc. Sure np, things happen. However, since then it's been basically me chasing her down asking (via txt or email) as to 'when' only text she replied was first saying that let's do tomorrow. Never happened. I decided to check my app status on jobvite and noticed it's 'closed' emailed inquiring (in good faith) and hoping to get some closure. Nothing. Txt and final email. Nothing. My goodness please be a little professional. Have some decency and give candidates basic courtesy they deserve. We exchanged a total of 12 emails initially to set some time up and I sent you like 5 texts total for what? What you did is unacceptable. I didn't deserve this treatment. Employers such as PANetworks don't deserve recruiters like you either. I would've been ok if you had simply said, sorry, unfortunately, we filled that role and no need to speak anymore. I saw a video about your company that showed how employees are ego free and so down to earth. You certainly didn't come across to me as one.

Sorry folks for long winded message, but I hadta VENT.. fwiw!

Other Interview Reviews for Palo Alto Networks

Service Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Frisco, TX) in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from the recruiter. We set up an initial call and went over all the normal things. It really seemed like a great fit as far as what they were looking for and my experience. The recruiter specifically told me the hiring manager wanted someone technical for the role (this will make sense later). We spoke about growth opportunity in the role as well. Everything seemed awesome. I ended that phone call super excited about the prospects of working at PAN. I was supposed to speak with the hiring manager next, but instead was set up with a peer interview. That call could not have been more awkward. He asked very specific questions regarding internal team structure that I would not know unless I was at PAN already. The real downturn cane when I spoke about growth and where I wanted to be in the next few years. Apparently he had been in the role for almost 5 years and he seemed almost disgusted that I would want to move up out if the role within a few years. He also decided that I was ‘too technical’ for the role and told me I should probably apply for other roles that were more technical. I was so speechless at one point,(when he decided to tell me how many other people were interviewing for the position and how many were internal) that I actually had to say ‘I don’t know what to say to that’ to stop myself from hanging up. I’ve never had a such a horrible interview with a person who seemed so jaded and threatened by an applicant. It completely turned me off to the company. By the time the recruiter called me to say they (surprise surprise) were going with someone else, I almost laughed and told her that I wasn’t all that interested any way. She offense to that. She could not believe I wasn’t interested. This company seems very full of itself. I get that it’s a good company, but some of their people are really not great ambassadors.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience and where I wanted to be.   Answer Question