Palo Alto Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Palo Alto Networks Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Did a project first at home for 4 hours PASSED, then onsite programming for 4 hours PASSED, then face to face interview with 4-5 people, each one took 45mins. Finally failed with one interviewer. He cannot understand bit operation very well. Spending a long time to explain what n&(n-1) is doing and using this and a loop could count the 1 bits in a integer. The interviewer is too weak, don't want to work with guys like him.

Other Interview Reviews for Palo Alto Networks

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

My friend referred me there and two days after got an telephone interview appointment. The phone interview lasts around 45 minutes and the recruiter is Laura Chiang. It has been 2 weeks since the phone interview, still haven't got any reply yet.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are about projects on my resume. Asked me to rate my programming skills in Java and C. During the phone interview, I am asked 6 very basic object-oriented coding questions. like what is the super class in Java? what is the final class? Can final class have abstract method? When overwrite the hash map class, which class will be modified as well?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Interview

This is the worst interview ever! I had interviewed with so many companies before never met such rude and arrogant interviewer as I met here. They are not trained and not competent and unprofessional. They don't know how to do interview, I am a Java programmer and work on web application but the interviewer keep ask me kernel question even I told him I never did system programming before, and the director attitude is so rude and looks like somebody pissed him off when he first came in. He gave a question that is not well defined and ask me to write code, he did not even clear on the statement, and did not let me ask questions. And he said I think your previous Java skills are not fit for this C position without ask any further question, but he know what my skill set are on my resume before I came in. And then another interviewer came in and I asked can you explain what you do? He said now I am the interviewer asking question...I was so surprised by this answer, and these people did not even know the basic courtesy... I would never want join a group with this kind of culture....

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their portal and after around 1 month I got a call from HR. The entire process after that was very quick. I eventually got an offer after 3-4 days of my interview. Interview questions were simple with stress on logical thinking. I advice you to strengthen your basics before the interview. If you are applying for software engineering roles and Systems level roles, do C thoroughly and Networking basics.

Interview Questions

• Describe what happens when you type www,google.com   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

45 minute phone interview, was asked a lot about my projects. had to take a C test first even though it had nothing to do with the position which i did poorly on, but the interviewers said they didnt look at that at all

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The onsite interview are talking with couple engineers and manager working for the management team, the questions are some basic ones about have you ever use this API or system calls before, or what's the concept of the multiple thread. The overall feeling is not that friendly, and the company is like a traditional security company.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between system call and library call   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had two phone interviews and then on-site interview. Comparing to my previous interviews, it was one of my best experiences, the interviewers were respectful, kind and smart. After my phone screens, they arrange my trip and I had a full day interview.

Interview Questions

• Some algorithm and coding questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Received a call from recruiter within a few days after the online application submission . Call included a brief technical screening. They set up a tech interview and that that was another phone interview which was done using collabedit to answer coding questions

Interview Questions

• Java questions and algorithms.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in September 2017.

Interview

After one hr phone interview, two round of techincal phone interviews. First one asked about one algorithm question, basic dfs questions, analysis run time and questions about distributed system. Second one asked for some basic design pattern questions, multithreading concept questions..

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in September 2017.

Interview

Met them at college career fair and gave me a on campus interview. The whole process took 40 mins. Questions are quite easy. There is still no further information from them.

Interview Questions

• Remove a node from LL. Merge two sorted LL. Binary Search.   1 Answer