Palo Alto Networks Software Test Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

2.5

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

initial phone interview technical and then 5 rounds of onsite technical interview. hiring decision known after one week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

negotiated salary once with the recruiter

Other Interview Reviews for Palo Alto Networks

Software Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in September 2018.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter 4 months back. Started off well and then silence for 1 month since the manager was not available. Then had the first set of zoom interviews, went well and got the feedback the team really liked me and waiting for calling me onsite. Then silence for another 3 weeks. Then they requested another set of zoom interviews, had different testing and coding questions. Everything executed but seems they don't like my coding language, told me they are not moving forward. Surprisingly get another mail after a month, asked my availability to come onsite but again ended up setting up zoom interviews. I asked the interviews how they want me to code and they told me that they are not language dependent so I went ahead with the language of my own choice. At the end again got the rejection that they expected me to code in the different language.

Advice: Please ask your interviewers to be specific about the details of the coding language. And grow up, coding in 2 different OO languages won't make such a difference. Should know if a person is coding well in one, can pick up another relatively easy. I am disappointed!

Interview Questions