Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palo Alto Networks Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Palo Alto Networks, don't call them PAN or Palo or Palo Alto, they are bent on being called Palo Alto Networks. It's a name they have a invested a lot into, and it's panning out for them. The interview process is very normal for the IT and security realm. There are peer Systems Engineer one on one's, group reviews, and management reviews. Overall, looking at experience and fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you worked on a client proof of concept (POC) which needed software development to meet the customer requirements.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Palo Alto Networks

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in March 2019.

Interview

HR was great and very responsive. There was a clear plan and expectations for their interview process. The first interview I had with HR laid out the position pay scale, benefits and other HR specific items. I was then setup to have a phone interview with a Sr. Engineer who was kind enough to recommend me for a different role, but explained why I was not a good fit for this one. Overall a good experience, very nice people and an organized process that is designed to waste no time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about networking.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant process, good communication and follow through with the steps of the process. You are greeted by an internal recruiter who takes you to your meeting room. Very prompt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Someone from HR called and arranged a time to come in. I was a bit surprised because I only met with 2 people. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. They had a room reserved for me and I stayed there the entire time. There was also a short break between interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions to try and gauge how I would handle difficult customer scenarios.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2012.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interviews: phone screening, with RSM (Regional Sales Manager), with Technical Director (Europe), with independant security consultant. Manager asked about general info, motivations, reasons to move and so on. Technical Director asked technical questions. Independant security consultant asked to conduct a technical presentation of the company's product (with ~3 hours preparation time).

Interview Questions

• Why does an SP need BGP full mesh topology in their network? How to overcome this limitation? What is the best (and most common) design of route reflectors?
      I don't think this is a common questions, but expect questions with a detalization like this.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2018.

Interview

First I have been in contact with a very nice lady from recruiting to talk about the opportunity. The Interview process have been started with a personal interview with the direct hiring Manager followed by an interview with the Systems Engineering Manager for the DACH Region. After that I have had a technical interview with an experienced Systems Engineer to test the technical skills. The next two interviews with the Sales Director for Germany in german and with the Director Systems Engineering in UK in English rounded up the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What makes me different and why should they hire me.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks.

Interview

Telephone interview with their internal recruiter who can be quite arrogant. Phone call with the director and then panel interview with 15 min presentation, technical questions and other general questions. 1.5 hour in total. Felt like a graduate style interview and not for a senior/consultant role. Stick to your time for presentation- aim for 10/12 mins to allow for questions.
    Didn’t get asked about the company, or the competition. Recruiter said they are a network company not a security company. No competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• OSI model and what happens at each layer? Explain DHCP process?   Answer Question
    • What happens when you switch your PC on, what’s the process? What happens when you type url in your browser? Explain DNS process?   Answer Question
    • Name different types of encryption? Explain symmetric and asymmetric?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in April 2014.

Interview

Long process, but really interesting. Maybe 6 - 7 interviews, phone, 1 to 1...
    Linkedin first, then 1 to 1, phone, 1 to 1, etc... with a lot of people that today they are my partners, friends... WE ARE THE BEST TEAM!