Palo Alto Networks Technical Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Palo Alto Networks Technical Trainer Interview Questions

Interviews at Palo Alto Networks

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application via the PaloAltoNetworks website about a month and a half before a recruiter contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview took ~30m and covered standard employee questions and several technical qualifying questions. A few weeks later I had two pleasant follow-up calls (1- Hiring Manager, 2-Technical Lead) each lasting about an hour. Shortly after the calls I was invited to perform a test-teach @ the Palo Alto HQ later that month. The test teach topic was one of my choosing and the audience of 4 were pleasant! The account i created on their Talent Acquisition site was constantly up to date with correspondence, milestones and outcomes. I really feel it was a great process and they really have their ducks all in order with regard to the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel up to 3 of 4 weeks a month?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Palo Alto Networks

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was one of the toughest interview processes I've ever been through. But at no time did it feel unfair or mean-spirited. They want to size you up, not make you feel small. Chemistry is very important with this training team. Having domain knowledge in firewalls and security will be a definite edge, but they made it clear that they believe in training their people.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between United Threat Management (UTM) and a Next Generation Firewall?   Answer Question

Technical Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks in September 2015.

Interview

Received call in evening for scheduling an interview 6 months after applying for position. First was a phone screen with the recruiter who scheduled the call. She called 15 minutes late. No indication of what a next step would be. She refused to discuss the actual position. No brief description of what the position encompasses, reminder of the description from the posting, just refusal to talk about it.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you taught in a classroom environment?   Answer Question
    • How did you hear about the position? Do you know anybody who works for the company?   Answer Question
    • What is the default port for [protocol]? repeat, repeat, repeat for more protocols.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Palo Alto Networks (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and the expectations were very clear. I had 3 phone interviews and 1 interview at the corporate interview. I felt a little pressure with 5 people in the room but it was not as bad as the one I had at Microsoft and Home Depot. The clearly explained their process and made a decision within a day. I am was very happy to be selected.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions about the firewall technology.   Answer Question