Panasonic Avionics Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Panasonic Avionics Corporation

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through linkedin. HR contacted me within1 week. Got Interview call from hiring manager. He asked about current project. Next day TL called me for next round of interview. He again asked basic question from profile. Got a call for onsite within 1 week. Onsite interview process contains written test on C, C++, linux. All are basic questions. Then Hiring manager, TL and senior manager took interview about current roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Offered below from current market standard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Irvine, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

There was a test followed by an interview with the manager which was not technically grilling, more about the work I have done

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult, although I do not know why i didnt get it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Meet the recruiters on university career fair and received a phone behavioral interview after two weeks. Onsite interview in Lake Forest campus on Nov 15. First do a paper test including Java and Android basic questions, then interview with five people, four of them are engineers and one is manager. Questions including OS, advanced Java and Android understanding, simple data structure problems.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about JNI(Java Native Interface)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in January 2014.

Interview

Had 2 telephonic interviews. Those were mostly based on my experience/resume and not very technical. Then I was invited for a face to face interview. They arranged for the travel, stay and had a full day of interviews scheduled. Met the Recruiter in the morning and had a technical test. There were actually 4 tests for C, C++, Linux and MySQL + PHP. I do not know PHP so that test wasn't very good. MySQL questions were pretty straightforward - 2 tables were given and various queries with increasing level of difficulty were asked. The linux test mostly consisted of commands and their uses and some troubleshooting problems like PC restarting every few hours what would you do etc? In the C++ test, a program was given and was asked to find maximum bugs in it. And the C program was to remove all the blanks in a string in place. Had about 11/2 hours to complete it. Then had lunch followed by 4 face to face interviews. Questions in those were mostly based on the resume like how did you manage memory leaks in C++? How did you interact with the db through C++? What test harness environments have you used? Other questions were - How would you remove blanks from a string in place in C++? How would you do it differently in C++ than in C? How to duplicate a string? How to implement word count functionality? And general questions like how do you manage your time, priorities? Where do you see yourself in next 3 years etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you remove blanks from a string in place in C++? How would you do it differently in C++ than in C? How to implement word count functionality?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation in January 2013.

Interview

I contacted through HR and went for an onsite straight away. Had a written test involving Linux, C, C++ questions for an hour.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer repeatedly asks me to clear up my experiences even after I explained it to him multiple times. Not sure if I wasn't clear or what happened there. The phone interview consists of some behavioral questions and technical questions. The behavioral questions are fairly standard, but the technical questions require a lot of explanation.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A bit lengthy but nothing that was too unusual or against the norm. There are several "stages" to the process. After your application is received if they like you they call to set up a phone interview, this took about a week. If you pass the phone interview, about a week later you will receive a call to come in for a round of interviews with the team lead and possibly a manager. After that about a week later you will get a call in for another round of interviews assuming you passed the last round. Finally a week after that, again assuming you're still in the running for the position, you will get a phone call letting you know that you will be given a formal offer of employment. Do NOT get in a rush as this process takes a little over a month to complete.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for the position?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

- 90 minute test
    - Meet with different managers for 45 minutes each.

Most of the other post pretty much cover everything, but I wanted to add how rude it was to have a manager answering emails instead of maybe actually doing an interview? I really debated on walking out of that interview. If this is how you treat a new hire (when you should be impressing them), I can't imagine how they treat you once your hired. I would not recommend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First a phone screen asking about my background and schedule the interview time.

The took an on campus interview, just a paper test on C and Linux followed by some attribute questions like salary requirement, how did I hear about this company/job, do I have a vehicle, am I willing to relocate/travel, etc.

Interview Questions

• Sorting algorithms.

If a computer reboots several times in a short duration, what is the problem?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation.

Interview

Great HR. I receive a challenging test. It was hard and even the recuiter said it was hard. I could not finish all the question but overall great experience. If i pass the challenging test there will be an on site interview whill will take about half of a day.