Panasonic Avionics Corporation Interview Questions in Lake Forest, CA | Glassdoor

Panasonic Avionics Corporation Interview Questions in Lake Forest, CA

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

4 stages. 1st stage is with an engineer that looks over your resume and asks you specifics about your resume. 2nd stage is with another engineer doing the same, only, he will dig deeper on the technical aspect. 3rd stage is with a pair of engineers who will give you certain workplace/project scenerios and will ask you how you will handle it. 4th stage is a written exam (~30 min) on the basics of electrical engineering. Topics included BJTs, Microprocessers, Op Amps, KVL/KCL...and other basics. After all is done, you go into the office of the hiring manager and he asks you why should we hire you.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then 2 phone interviews with management from LA. Then face-to face Causal group discussion with management team in the Headquarter, then 1:1 interview in HK. It's a long long process.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to ensure the delivery time can be archived?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Apply through company website. Get a call back about 2 weeks later for an onsite interview.
    The recruiter was very personable and led me to the manager. About 45 minutes of interview with two managers. One of the manager show me around the lab/work place for about 15 minutes. Pleasant experience and I learn a lot.

Interview Questions

• One the scale of 1-10 how good you are with Linux/Mysql/Network?
      Tell me about a challenge you face in your internship/project and how did you solve it?
      What was one problem you have with another engineer that you weren't able to resolve in your intern/project experience?
      Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview is great. It's more of a conversation than the traditional serious interview questions. The interview took place in the CFO's room and the overall interview lasted about 40 minutes. He first asked about my current skills and then went on to explain the company background. Then he asked more questions about my personality and Microsoft Excel skill. Lastly, he asked if I have any questions and my availability for the second phone interview. Overall, it was a very relaxing interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you're currently doing at the current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

- 90 minute test
    - Meet with different managers for 45 minutes each.

Most of the other post pretty much cover everything, but I wanted to add how rude it was to have a manager answering emails instead of maybe actually doing an interview? I really debated on walking out of that interview. If this is how you treat a new hire (when you should be impressing them), I can't imagine how they treat you once your hired. I would not recommend.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

Interview processes from meeting HR at carrer fair to talking to individuals was a total of 2 weeks. Time to get back about the results was about 4 weeks. Interview consisted of a practical hands on portion, 1:1 with team leads, and an aptitude test (they tell you about the test before hand to bring calculators).

Interview Questions

• If you were currently working on a project how fast would you be able to change to a different project?   Answer Question

Offer from another company

Member of Technical Staff I - Test, ISE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA).

Interview

I applied to this position in early October, recruiter contacted me 3 months after in January to setup an interview with the hiring manager at their office in Lake Forest. I met with the department manager, the direct supervisor/program manager of the this position, and two members of his team. Was a very relaxed discussion, they talked to me about their department and how it fits within the company since they have so many groups within software, hardware, QA, business/marketing, etc. They asked me questions mainly from my resume to further elaborate on my experience since this was my first job right after college. They asked me how I came to know about their company and if I was familiar with their IFE business. And I asked them about the products and systems that were listed on the job post since I couldn't find information about it online, it was specific terminology used within the IFE avionics industry.

The group was happy with my interview so they scheduled me in for a second technical interview where I was taken to their labs and tested on the systems I would potentially work on. It was an easy test with three parts to it, but took about 1.5 hours to finish because it was all interaction with the system and observing results and overall flow. I enjoyed doing the test and learning from their interactive system. After that the manager spent 30 minutes with me going over my results and he was happy with my work.

Two or three weeks later the recruiter calls me and tells me the manager wants to hire me for this position, and then we negotiate over the pay and the start date. My great experience with the manager and his team members along with the amazing lab environment setup and IFE systems made taking this offer hard to refuse!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with working in a team? Agreeing and disagreeing on issues?   Answer Question
    • What methods would you use to explain technical matters to others? (Face to face, email, writing a step-by-step document, referring to online sources or videos)   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working in a lab for long hours, vs. working in a cubicle?   Answer Question
    • How do you go about testing software/products to break them, and then reporting these issues?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

A bit lengthy but nothing that was too unusual or against the norm. There are several "stages" to the process. After your application is received if they like you they call to set up a phone interview, this took about a week. If you pass the phone interview, about a week later you will receive a call to come in for a round of interviews with the team lead and possibly a manager. After that about a week later you will get a call in for another round of interviews assuming you passed the last round. Finally a week after that, again assuming you're still in the running for the position, you will get a phone call letting you know that you will be given a formal offer of employment. Do NOT get in a rush as this process takes a little over a month to complete.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Product Line Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was straightforward. An internal recruiter reached out to me. I sent her my resume within a week. Over a month later another internal recruiter called to schedule a phone screen interview. The first was a 30 min. phone screen with the hiring manager, which surprised me as that it is usually the internal recruiter or HR person. Basic questions were asked such as tell me about yourself and what you've done and a quick overview of the company. The second round (3 weeks later) was onsite with the hiring manager, two manager of engineering, and the manager of human development. Discussion with hiring manager was more about the company and what I've done but also some business ideas. The both Engineering Manager were more of the technical experience I had. The second Engineering Manager really didn't say much. Both interviews were conversational. The human development manager has a Phd in psychology. She owned the behavioral portion of the interview process. The interview with the human development manager was not conversational as she had a list of questions on a piece of paper that she read from and wrote my answers on.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Because I had no prior experience with their specific testing methods, it was only a behavioral interview. I met up with the recruiter at the front desk and he took me to the hiring manager. The manager described the company then asked me some questions. Then he showed me around the facility and the work rooms where his test engineers would work and explained more about what they do. Afterwards, we went back to his office and wrapped up the interview with some questions of my own.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation you had to overcome in one of your team projects.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your duties and what you did at your previous job, was there a difficult situation you had to deal with? if so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • When growing up did you have to overcome any challenges?   Answer Question