Panasonic Avionics Corporation Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panasonic Avionics Corporation Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic Avionics Corporation (Lake Forest, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interview followed by an in-person interview. The first interview was set up with the hiring manager followed by a second interview with the lead hardware engineer. I did well in both phone interviews.
     Few weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview. Initially, I was asked to take a quiz. The questions were on Linux commands, FDMA, TDMA, computer networking, token ring topology, J-K flip flop, resister divider bias, transistor, and timing diagram. I was well prepared and manage to answer 95 % of the questions. This was followed by interview with the hiring manager, lead hardware engineer and two staff engineers. I was then taken to a electronics engineering lab and asked to demonstrate hands-on skill. I was given a circuit board having a blown fuse( that was my first question, is the board working?) and was required to take voltage measurements, frequency measurements and measure rise, fall time. Since, I have been working for two years, this was fairly simple (and best part of interview). Overall, the interview went well. I started at 10.00 PM and left the building at 5.00 PM. The arrangement was fantastic and included lunch with the team.
It has been over one and half month and I haven't heard back from them yet. I have not even received a rejection letter yet! At this point, I have given up on them and accepted another job offer. EXTREMELY SLOW HIRING PROCESS. I took time to study and prepare for this interview. I was left disappointed at the end.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on various topics like basic transistor circuit, questions on power supply topology, digital circuits, and PADS software. Panasonic avionics shall ask you to demonstrate hands-on skills in the electronics lab. You should know a difference between rise and fall time, how to use oscilloscope, digital multi-meter, grounding schemes, and causes of components failure. You should also know how to read electrical schematics and wiring diagrams. It is helpful to take a nicely designed circuit for this interview. Be prepared to defend your work in the end.   Answer Question