Panasonic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2016

3.1

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone interview with HR then 4 in person interviews with members of the department and the hiring manager.
    Every interviewer was late, so I sat in a conference room by myself for 10 - 15 minutes after each interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Panasonic (Farmington Hills, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview. 3 people one on video conference. Interview was smooth and good. Checking the testing experience. Relevant Navigation Testing, Vehicle Driving Testing. General questions. Work Life balance. etc

Interview Questions

• Testing related,
      Adhoc testing
      Sanity Testing
      Smoke Testing
      SDLC
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I was asked about why I chose my major, what my extracurriculars were, basic interview questions. A majority of the interview was just talking about what the internship would entail.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panasonic in December 2015.

Interview

1 brief interview only asked "tell us about yourself" and then just talked didn't ask any technical questions or anything! i didn't have a chance to show off my skill set

Account Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

It involves three different stages; phone interview, first onsite interview, second onsite interview. You have to pass each stage to be able to move forward.

The phone interview talked about the company, the job description and the interviewer asked questions like;
    Can you give me an example of a leadership role?

Onsite interview: Asked questions based on the products-what type of capacitors do you know about and what are the qualities.
    Give me an example of a sales role you partook in.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think you have over other candidate that will make us choose you over them?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I was selected from our college's career fair for an interview. It was on-site at their facility which is near our campus. The interview was for a firmware design position. I have a mainly hard-ware design background, so really could not answer the software questions. Then they shifted on to hardware design.

Interview Questions

• What would you have done if not engineering ?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Panasonic (Lake Forest, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I took the program of UCI extension. The intern is one part of the program. But it is unpaid.
    It took about 1 hour to interview and ask some regular questions based on resume.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how the phone work?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Providence, Union, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Panasonic (New Providence, Union, NJ) in February 2010.

Interview

I had interviewed with them before and the hiring managers liked what I had to offer, but they didn't think I was the perfect fit for the specific position. A couple of months later, another department called me and offered an interview for a different position, to which the 1st manager recommended me. I went in, 1st interview seemed to go well. They're extremely bureaucratic and mundane, but "nice" to deal with overall. It basically consisted of a series of 1:1 interviews, with the usual interview questions.

They called me back some days later and scheduled a second interview. This one was awful! As an entry level (recent grad) engineer, I have never had to go to 2 detailed interviews for the same position before. Most employers interviewed me on the phone, then in person, then made an offer. Panasonic dragged me twice through 4 hour interviews for the same position. Anyway, this second interview consisted of a simple aptitude test in which they basically asked me to do what I would be doing on a daily basis once hired. Although it wasn't difficult, it was unfair. Without any training or exposure to their line of work, or any "real" work as a recent grad, they expected me to do what someone in that job does on a daily basis after training and whatnot. The 1st test consisted of cross-matching one of their products to a competitor's product. It took me a bit of time to complete this, as they provided me with an incomplete specs packet for their product - which I later pointed out. The 2nd test was a hands on test. An engineer showed me how to test an electric part for faults/damage, then asked me to repeat the procedure. Following him was very difficult as I was nervous and thinking about the results of my 1st test, so needless to say, when it was time for me to demonstrate I had forgotten half of the steps! After this second test, the hiring manager and his supervisor sat down with me and asked me to analyze a complex schematic of parts that I know nothing about, because they're special to Panasonic. Again, a task that requires extensive training! And again, I don't think I answered correctly, especially after being so exhausted by the entire process beforehand. They let me know a week or so later that they're not interested. So a total of 2 interviews, meeting 4 people in each one, doing stuff I'm not supposed to know how to do = total waste of time.

This was the worst interview process I have ever had! I was interviewed by top global defense contractors, one of which I now work for, and none of them were even NEAR that gruesome! The people at Panasonic may be nice, but they might also be a little insane. An interview for a recent grad's engineering position should never be this awful. I wouldn't have minded if they had tested me on things related to subjects I studied in school, including extensive analysis of complex systems, but testing me on tasks that only trained engineers working in that specific organization know is just unfair.

There's no way I would've agreed to working for them had they made an offer. They are exceedingly demanding and routine. Not an ideal place to work if you're a recent graduate looking for an innovative and positively challenging organization.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What is your dream job?   Answer Question
    • Would it be better if this division of Panasonic was led by an American or a Japanese person?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied online and it took few weeks to get a call for face interview. It was more about my resume regarding the work in the field of mobile communications. There was a panel interview including HR. They did not go technically deep into anything in the first interview. Usually there will be two rounds of interview.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Panasonic (Nairobi (Kenya)) in February 2015.

Interview

Got a call from recruiting agency, submitted my resume, had a phone interview with the agency, call with Head of sales and HR and finally Sales Director and Region Sales Manager flew over for one on one interview and all went quiet....till I started to follow-up with the Agency, who kept on promising to come back, till I called the Sales Director who told me, they decided to go internal.

Interview Questions

• 1. What experience do you have in Consumer electronics?   1 Answer