Panasonic Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.7

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

After passing the phone screening I was scheduled to meet with two marketing managers. Each of the interviews was allotted 45 minutes, but ended up lasting over 1.5 hours. I had to submit writing samples from a variety of mediums (Social Media, Email, Whitepaper, Blog Post). Overall the interviews were very conversational and didn't have a great deal of talking about technical skills.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the skills you developed will translate from Industry A into Industry B?   1 Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Took about a month. Was contacted by recruiter and then interviewed with three senior managers. After the interview the recruiter took a few weeks to contact and update on the status.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

A phone interview with HR then 4 in person interviews with members of the department and the hiring manager.
    Every interviewer was late, so I sat in a conference room by myself for 10 - 15 minutes after each interview.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at Panasonic in May 2016. Was supposed to meet two people but only one showed up and he was 30 min late. Interview was mostly a culture check. Didn't receive anything letting me know if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you had an issue with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I was asked about why I chose my major, what my extracurriculars were, basic interview questions. A majority of the interview was just talking about what the internship would entail.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

While the interview process was tedious and with various individuals across the division, it helped me as the interviewee also interview them simultaneously. It provided a clear understanding of various perspectives within the group, personalities, and communication styles each individual brings to the team. I was able to then assess whether I would acclimate to the environment and my co-workers.

Interview Questions

• What about this company interests you?   1 Answer

Account Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

It involves three different stages; phone interview, first onsite interview, second onsite interview. You have to pass each stage to be able to move forward.

The phone interview talked about the company, the job description and the interviewer asked questions like;
    Can you give me an example of a leadership role?

Onsite interview: Asked questions based on the products-what type of capacitors do you know about and what are the qualities.
    Give me an example of a sales role you partook in.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think you have over other candidate that will make us choose you over them?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

Standard interview questions regarding what have you done with previous employers and creating tie in to the scope of duties of the job you are interviewing for. I just spoke to my strengths and talked to the narrative behind my qualifications and experience. I like to use the interviewer as a sounding board to direct how I can better craft my responses. Overall the interview process went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you used the skill set mentioned on your resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very up front and the negotiation was assisted by the salary range.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Panasonic (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Initial contact from recruiting firm. I was not actively looking. ID'ed on Linked In. Recruiter setup call with product manager. Face to face follow up scheduled with sales hiring manager (direct report). Call with Sector sales director. Another call with product manager. Asked about industry experience and largely sold on the merits of working at Panasonic. Filled out online form for HR and waited for about 60-90 days for offer. Not much negotiation or consideration for previous income level.

Interview Questions

• No real zingers.... straight forward interview with direct reports.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation or consideration for previous income level. Salary bands were hard set. Negotiated for bonus at signing.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panasonic (Secaucus, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

What is your advantage and disadvantages? What is your previous experience? Why you think you are fit for this position? What is your most challenge task in your previous working experience?