Pancreatic Cancer Action Network Senior Digital Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Digital Marketing Analyst

Interviews at Pancreatic Cancer Action Network

3.5

Senior Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

It was abundantly clear that this place is a girls club rife with sexist overtones, egotism, paranoia, and misandry. The office was filthy and the personnel contact, she was fairly nice, but was disorganized, late, and disheveled. The first interviewer was so rude she spent the whole half hour showing me how disinterested she was in me as a candidate; she hardly made eye contact except to throw rehearsed glaring looks, constantly checking her iPhone for texts/emails, and was highly contentious over my background/experience. I have never been treated with so much despise and disdain. It was very much like dealing with a temperamental little girl, not a true B-School pro, but rather a child. Her professionalism was sorely lacking and completely deplorable. I felt like I was pledging a sorority with all of the accompanying degradation, abuse, and mind games. After her debacle and detestable demeanor, the rest of the interviewers were cordial and professional but also distracted by their own laptops, phones, and insider conversations. However, they could have at least paid attention, closed their laptops/phones, and pretended to be in the actual meeting. It actually felt as if they were trying to video record, without permission, my interview for later use as all webcams were on me. The hiring manager, I really felt sorry for him. He was gutless/spineless/pathetic; just trying to protect his job and very small fiefdom. His life must be wonderful.

After about two hours, of a four plus hour interview process in a very hot room, it was obvious that they just wanted to steal/filch my work samples for their own use. They kept insisting that I email them my analytics work, with formula, programming, and criteria intact, despite the fact that I emphasized I am bound by non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and that I could not just hand over my prior employers' proprietary information. Considering that they too are bound by HIPPA and other patients' rights protections, I was astonished to even hear of such a request. I honestly do not think that they cared in the slightest despite my potential compromise. It is easier to steal great work than to create your own. It was quite clear that their intentions were not to hire but to gather requirements and others' work for their own purposes. They behaved, acted, and pursued like a parasite. The whole process left me feeling violated, exploited, and ultimately used.

Needless to say, no offer, no job, no explanation from personnel other than, "We are still interviewing", and I never got a definitive answer from them either way other than the previous patronizing nonsense.

With all of these things considered, this organization does have a noble cause. However, their overall mission, and those it serves, will continue to suffer these internal afflictions until decisions are made and actions taken to rectify these problems and petty squabbles. My recommendation to the organization is to seek help, consult an industrial psychologist, and change before it is too late. The old way of doing business has expired, this world changes day to day, and you have to be dynamic – even as a nonprofit organization. Just as pancreatic cancer metastasizes, you have to change in order to adapt, evolve, overcome, and ultimately, survive. After all, you serve cancer patients with very little or no hope, late in the diagnostic process, not yourselves.

Interview Questions

• Provide to me your previous work, how it was built/designed, and how could it be configured/used for our operation.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pancreatic Cancer Action Network

Senior Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I received this lead from a staffing agency. I went through a single phone screen. The interview process was a simple question and answer. My #1 complaint with the interviewer was either he did NOT bother to listen to what I was saying to him OR he deliberately mispresented my answers when he got back with the staffing agency. The interviewer was extremely CONFUSED as to what direction he wanted to go with this role. He couldn't decide if he wanted to go with someone who went by the numbers OR someone who put on a good dog and pony show for execs. He seemed VERY INEXPERIENCED in the way executive decisions are made in the real world and how to actually get things accomplished. There seemed to be a passive aggressive streak emanating from this organization. HOWEVER after I read the company reviews on this organization, I could understand why. A revolving door of very highly paid executives with the flavor of the month management approach being the norm.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences in giving presentations and working with middle and senior level managers in the decision making process?   1 Answer