Panda Express General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Panda Express General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

General Manager In Training () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Panda Express (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through campus and got a personal interview at their corporate office. Met with two hiring managers and they both are very nice. It seems a little bit informal but it could be because of the internship position. I appreciate they told me the whole picture if I were work for Panda Express.It's a great opportunity but it just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• What is your career goal and how do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

Interviewed face to face & with the Area of Operations Manager for 10-15 minutes and when I passed they had me do a Preview Day where I work for them for a day to see if I am fit to work at Panda and to see if I wanted to still work with Panda. Afterwards, depending on how well or poorly you do is when they determine what to do with you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Panda Express (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

A recruiter selects you and asks you to interview along with a colleague. If the match is right, the recruiter forwads your application to the area coach in which you get to interview as well. If all falls great, then you will end up on the Panda Preview where the selection is made in less than a week after that.

Despite from doing a great job and meeting the exact qualifications as desired by the recruiter, the chances can be slim when it all boils down to background check. I have a clear record and can be a social leader but you have to assert that background can mean ethnicity and most companies strive for diversity. I did not receive a thorough feedback as far as not being chosen for this position.

Interview Questions

• If there was something you would change what would you change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Spokane, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an in-person interview first. This lasted about 30 minutes, typical questions, nothing shocking. Was told I would then have a phone interview, which occurred about 3 days later. Phone interviewer said I would next have an in-person, on-job tryout scheduled. Never contacted again.

Interview Questions

• Share your most challenging professional experience and how you overcame it   1 Answer

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I had my first interview via phone she introduced herself ,asked me what I knew of the company history , and began to ask more about me and my background. She asked about my previous work history why I left and how was management working for them. She ask about my educational background . And how did I come across apply for P.E

Interview Questions

• She ask why did I have a work gap years
      Why work with Panda Express
      What is my indeed length with the company
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express (New York, NY).

Interview

1. Phone call from recruiter, ask about background, Work experience, about 45 mins
    2. Video interview via web answering basic question about your background and work character, 5 questions popped up, you have 3 mins for each question
    3. Store interview with a Manager, at any of their location, remember to bring resume
    4. Panel interview with group of Area managers, mostly about your experiences, and situations problem solving skills
    5. Job Preview, work one day in The store, testing you hand on skill

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

I applied online through grassdoor.com. It links to the company website. I got contacted from the recruiter within a week to set a phone interview and then I was required to complete an online interview. I got an email from my hiring manager in about 2 weeks to set a person interview. There are 4 interviewers include 2 general managers, an area coach and a regional director of operation. The interview lasted about 1 hour and they tell the result right away.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy going, for this particular interview there were three people present. I believe they were all at the district manager level. They ask a wide variety of questions and for the most part let you do the talking.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Panda Express.

Interview

easy questions and about My background to date has been centered around preparing myself to become the very best financial consultant I can become. Let me tell you specifically how I’ve prepared myself. I am an undergraduate student in finance and accounting at ———— University. My past experiences has been in retail and higher education. Both aspects have prepared me well for this career.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Panda Express (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied this position more about a month ago. After 3 weeks I got an email from a Multi-Unit Manager who would like to have a conversation with me in person. I showed up with my resume and fully prepared. The interview took about 30 mins which including answering questions and asking questions. Towards the end of the interview, the manager told me that if they think I am a good fit and wanna keep me as a consideration, the next step will be on-job-evaluation which I had 2 days after my first interview. The on-job-evaluation is more focus on hands on performance. Also it is a great opportunity for both the company and candidate to see if this is something fit for what they want. I spent about hour and half with the training leader to learn how to cut broccoli, how to make lo mein and fried rice. After that we spend about 30mins on some pretty basic math multiple-choice questions, so that way the training leaser knows where your math skill is. I had my third interview on the next day after on-job-evaluation. It was pretty much the same questions like the first interview but with a supervisor. The interview lasts about 30mins and they said that I would hear back from them no more than a week. About an hour after the third interview they called me and I got the offer.